ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Office Check and Send, is it like NCS?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vande-Matram
Newly Registered

Post Office Check and Send, is it like NCS?

Post by Vande-Matram » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am

I am applying for my first British passport after naturalisation.

I am worried that I need to send my current foreign passport with the application by Post. Is the POST OFFICE check and send service similar to NCS, will the post office staff give me the foreign passport back after checking my passport application and send it to HMPO?

Sorry for the stupid question guys, I know there are more serious cases to be helped, I wouldn't have asked it, I just have a phobia of sending passports in the post as I have lost one passport before and there were so many hassles preceding that!

Thanks for you help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Post Office Check and Send, is it like NCS?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 am

HMPO requires originals, like nat. certificate, passports, etc.

Check and Send only checks that you have filled in everything and included the required documents (originals only), unlike NCS.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 am

Check & Send will post your stuff by Special Delivery, which is tracked and insured.

I didn't bother using it though, as the passport application is easy and I don't see how you can mess it up. I sent all of my stuff (including two foreign passports) by RM Special Delivery and it was fine, I also included a prepaid SD packet for them to return my stuff. Both were insured for enough to cover replacing the passport if it was lost.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am

No, the Post Office check & send service doesn't enable you to keep your original documents/passport. They simply check your application form and photos for validity and send off the application.

You will also have to attend an interview before your new passport can be issued.

Edit: beaten by ohara
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.