ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Beena

IHS

Post by Beena » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 am

salaam guys

If you know you need to pay for the IHS fee, you don't need to wait for HO to prompt you.

This is the website you need to visit:

https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start

Make an account if you don't ready have one, you CAN use existing accounts it doesn't matter.

Make sure the account is in the applicants name, i.e your spouse from Pakistan.

When being asked are you applying from within the UK, select YES as otherwise it won't let you pay.

Fill in all the details of your spouse.

When it comes to selecting "visa route" select 'FLR OTHER'

Then for "visa type" select 'other'

This will generate a fee of £1000 when we only need to pay £600 but it's the way many have tried tested and sworn by.

Once you have made the payment (make sure you are authorised by your bank to make large payments) you need to email all your application details WITH the IHS reference number to this email address:

IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk

Make sure you include your GWF number as this will link the IHS fee you paid to your account.

Let them know how much you paid so they can arrange the refund for you.

I did all of this yesterday at 11.30pm and I received a reply in the morning from the IHS department to say that the payment has been received and linked to my application and that the refund has been processed and should be with me within 28 days inshaAllah.

After this, you attach copies of the emails you receive with your passport, TB test and any other information they have asked you to send.

To prevent any further delays with processing your application, once you have made this IHS payment and submitted your passport please send an e-mail to:

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

containing your name, GWF reference and the amount that you have paid for IHS. (This is advice from a member of staff from the IHS department)

I hope this was some what helpful, as I spent hours yesterday contemplating whether or not to pay for it, and spoke to many different people who all have different advise lol.

May you all be successful inshaAllah!
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IHS

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:06 pm

You mean the website generate £1000 IHS which you need to pay and email them and then they will confirm it to you and will arrange the refund of £400 in 28 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Beena

Post by Beena » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:17 pm

seagul wrote:You mean the website generate £1000 IHS which you need to pay and email them and then they will confirm it to you and will arrange the refund of £400 in 28 days.

That's what I basically said. Anyone who's in the situation will understand what I have said without difficulty.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Why wouldn't you select the correct visa category from the drop down list and then pay the relevant IHS fee without overpaying? :idea:

When applying for a spouse settlement visa (for example) the applicant should select 'applying alone' which will calculate the correct fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Beena

Post by Beena » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Casa wrote:Why wouldn't you select the correct visa category from the drop down list and then pay the relevant IHS fee without overpaying? :idea:

When applying for a spouse settlement visa (for example) the applicant should select 'applying alone' which will calculate the correct fee.

I wouldn't have put myself through all the trouble if it allowed me to.
There's no option for entry clearance when paying for the IHS fee after an appeal is allowed. I tried every option but non would generate a fee of £600, therefore I was advised by someone from the Sheffield appeals department to just pay the £1000 and to request the £400 refund after payment has been paid.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Beena

Post by Beena » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Casa wrote:Why wouldn't you select the correct visa category from the drop down list and then pay the relevant IHS fee without overpaying? :idea:

I'm not saying this is the only way, I am simply sharing what I have done and it worked.

Anyone who is able to pay the correct fee, well done. It didn't work for me therefore I'm just sharing my experience.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Settlement spouse applicants has no issue paying IHS and getting IHS references without selecting wrong category or amount

There was issue of paying IHS for under 16 year child settlement application as IHS calculator was saying that under 16 year old child of settled or British parent exempt from paying IHS charges and was calculating it zero while UKVI were saying that there is technical error and you must pay IHS

There was another issue in case of refusal where home office used to send you refund of IHS and when refusal decision get overturned later on and applicant was told to pay IHS then applicant was struggling to amend previous online form to pay IHS surcharge again so there was two solution for this

1) create new application online just for purpose of paying IHS fees and then send this new GWF and IHS reference number along with old GWF to IHS team or entry clearance team

2) second solution is contacting IHS team via email IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk and tell them that you are struggling with paying IHS and they will send you topup weblink with correct amount linking with your GWF

Beena

Post by Beena » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:59 pm

ILR1980 wrote:Settlement spouse applicants has no issue paying IHS and getting IHS references without selecting wrong category or amount

There was issue of paying IHS for under 16 year child settlement application as IHS calculator was saying that under 16 year old child of settled or British parent exempt from paying IHS charges and was calculating it zero while UKVI were saying that there is technical error and you must pay IHS

There was another issue in case of refusal where home office used to send you refund of IHS and when refusal decision get overturned later on and applicant was told to pay IHS then applicant was struggling to amend previous online form to pay IHS surcharge again so there was two solution for this

1) create new application online just for purpose of paying IHS fees and then send this new GWF and IHS reference number along with old GWF to IHS team or entry clearance team

2) second solution is contacting IHS team via email IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk and tell them that you are struggling with paying IHS and they will send you topup weblink with correct amount linking with your GWF

If you have a read of my timeline you'll understand that I was talking about paying the IHS fees after you have been refused and home office have decided to withdraw their decision.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

y1121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y1121 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:01 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:56 pm
Settlement spouse applicants has no issue paying IHS and getting IHS references without selecting wrong category or amount

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in this thread as I am in the some boat but in a different way.

After waiting 55 working days of my 2 children applications from India, received this email from Sheffield office on 03/01/2018

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you have not made that payment.

What you need to do next:

You must make the payment by visiting: https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start

Unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as ‘Settlement - Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependant Relative’, this is the only way we can continue the process until the bug is fixed.

Please note that if the full payment is not made by 7THWORKINGDAYS then your application will be refused. If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.

To prevent any further delays with processing your application, once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk containing your name, GWF reference, IHS reference and the amount that you have paid for IHS.

Want to find out more?

To speak to someone about this, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

To find out more about IHS: www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

To find out about refunds: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Thank you.

UK Decision Making Centre

The link provided is not taking to the payment page and I am unable to make payment, I have emailed and contacted on every possible number and email addresses but no response at all, today is the 5th working day.

As you said, if I go for a new application and pay the IHS by selecting option as settlement parent (As suggested by UKVI) and not continue the application until the payment page as I have already made the application and have the GWF ref.
The generated IHS number through this process will still get linked to the application started? as I can't see the new GWF ref until making the payment.

Is there any other way of making the payment as I have only 2 days left. If in case HO refuses my kids applications then what will be the process of explaining them this situation and not starting all over again.

Your or any experts response will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm

y1121 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:01 pm
ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in this thread as I am in the some boat but in a different way.

After waiting 55 working days of my 2 children applications from India, received this email from Sheffield office on 03/01/2018

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you have not made that payment.

What you need to do next:

You must make the payment by visiting: https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start

Unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as ‘Settlement - Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependant Relative’, this is the only way we can continue the process until the bug is fixed.

Please note that if the full payment is not made by 7THWORKINGDAYS then your application will be refused. If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.

To prevent any further delays with processing your application, once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk containing your name, GWF reference, IHS reference and the amount that you have paid for IHS.

Want to find out more?

To speak to someone about this, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

To find out more about IHS: www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

To find out about refunds: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Thank you.

UK Decision Making Centre

The link provided is not taking to the payment page and I am unable to make payment, I have emailed and contacted on every possible number and email addresses but no response at all, today is the 5th working day.

As you said, if I go for a new application and pay the IHS by selecting option as settlement parent (As suggested by UKVI) and not continue the application until the payment page as I have already made the application and have the GWF ref.
The generated IHS number through this process will still get linked to the application started? as I can't see the new GWF ref until making the payment.

Is there any other way of making the payment as I have only 2 days left. If in case HO refuses my kids applications then what will be the process of explaining them this situation and not starting all over again.

Your or any experts response will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Can you please refrain from tagging onto every topic you find, especially those from 2016. Start your own topic please. Not sure why you are not just paying the IHS instead of waiting for a response from them, which you are unlikely to get. Pay the Health Surcharge (click) which was in the link HO has provided you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.