ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee Fiance from Nepal to Uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ramsay

Refugee Fiance from Nepal to Uk

Post by Ramsay » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi

I have found this forum very useful and would like to thank those who dedicate their time to answering people's queries in what are often emotive circumstances. It has given me an idea of what I need to do on my own case but I am wondering if anyone could spare two minutes just to clear up a few things I'm struggling with?

Firstly my own circumstances are that I live in Scotland and am born a UK citizen, hold full passport, etc. I am 28 and the lady in question is 29. I visited Nepal last year between April and September and met my now fiancée on my first night there. She worked in the hotel where I spent my first night and we got talking and just hit it off (not arranged just fate I suppose). I spent 4 of my 5 months there pretty much living in her accommodation provided by the hotel boss. He can vouch to this and would willingly put it in writing.

Due to how well we got on I decided to ask my parents to sponsor her to come over. We managed to get her a Travel Document (she is Tibetan with Nepali refugee status) and a tourist visa (6 month) to come back to the uk with me which runs until February 17th. She will be going back to Nepal prior to that date so as not to hinder the application for fiancée visa through overstaying. We are staying in the same bed in my parents’ house whilst I save money for the next stage - lucky to have them!

With the Royalty being recently deposed of in Nepal and elections containing the Maoists set to finally take place in April 08 I am worried about the stability of the area. Resultantly I want to get her back sooner than later.

Could anyone help me please with any of the following (links will do if these problems have been answered before or if there are relevant pages elsewhere):

Can we apply for the fiancée visa as soon as she returns to Nepal in February or is it same rules as a tourist visa with only 6 months allowed each calendar year;

Will me only being employed since November 07 after returning from Nepal and claiming one month Job Seekers Allowance effect the application (I had worked continuously since I was sixteen up to leaving for Nepal);

How long do I need to show a valid lease agreement for, should I be aiming to negotiate a lease over 12 months for example;

Approx how much is 'Showing Good Balance' in repsect of me fully sponsoring her (no other dependants), can it include an early wedding cash gift from a family member for example or confirmation from the bank I can borrow x amount as security to getting our lives started;

Will the fact I stated we were 'Good friends' in the tourist application prejudice us when applying for the fiancée visa (we were in a steady relationship at that time but decided I wanted to ask her in December - I proposed on Christmas Day);

Can I include correspondence from my parents advising they would make £x available for us during the fiancée visa as long as it clearly states I'm on my own thereafter and bank statements etc are provided;

If she is successful I know that we have to send off the marriage certificate to get the two year probation visa but does that mean her Travel Document from Nepal must be valid for three years instead of the one year it was valid for this visit. (As an aside - will she be able to travel during this period or will we be honeymooning at Blackpool) and;

Is anyone an expert, or have links to knowledgeable people, in the field of Nepali politics and emigration? (Just have this horrible feeling its going to go pear shaped there during elections)

Thank you for reading and any help is appreciated. Some people on here have more pressing worries than these so if I've missed anything on the forum from previous posts that would answer the above I apologise. It’s just quite a tough subject to get my head around and the last thing I want to do is mess it up.

Cheers again

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:06 pm

You can apply for the fiancee visa the minute she lands.

If you would like to e-mail me, I'd be happy to assist with making the application. I have a number of Nepali clients and an excellent (100 per cent) success rate with spousal and fiancee visas.

victoria.sharkey@medivisas.com

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Ramsay,
Perhaps others can reassure you on the matter of support and accommodation, but you are quite right to keep a weather eye on the situation in Nepal and your fiancee's ability to travel. I noted from this website: http://www.tibetjustice.org/reports/nepal.pdf that the Nepalese authorities do not encourage their Tibetan refugees to travel, so as not to upset the Chinese, and on P.65 it specifically states:
"Ordinarily, refugee travel documents remain valid for 1 year and are non-renewable" (my italics).
That paper dates from 2002, so maybe things have improved, but it would seem advantageous to arrange things to travel back here on her existing document.
The BIA's instructions provide for Leave to Remain to be endorsed on a form RON58 if someone's passport has expired, and a Certificate of Identity can be issued to someone settled here if they can not otherwise obtain a passport. - but you'd better book that B&B in Blackpool

sunny9675
BANNED

equality not business

Post by sunny9675 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi , VictoriaS

thanks for yr good gesture for replying many querirs but see u should reply to every one not only favoured one with keeping business in mind

i think this is a good site to getting adivces and help for all not only for private business

I am regularly reading yr comments and writing after that

regards

VictoriaS
inactive

Re: equality not business

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:20 pm

sunny9675 wrote:Hi , VictoriaS

Yippee for you.

:roll:

I am sure that Admin would have a word with me if they thought that there was a problem. And I my conscience is clear in terms of the amount of advice I give.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:28 pm

It seems fair that there should be some give and take.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:21 pm

sunny9675 wrote:Hi , VictoriaS

thanks for yr good gesture for replying many querirs but see u should reply to every one not only favoured one with keeping business in mind

i think this is a good site to getting adivces and help for all not only for private business

regards
Sunny, people here need all the advice and help they can get. please get off her case!