ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Letter but no Home Office Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alfred Boyle

Council Letter but no Home Office Letter

Post by Alfred Boyle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 am

Hi all

On 30th Nov, I received letter from my local council inviting me for a pre-booked citizenship ceremony. They have also mentioned to bring me the HO approval letter as well without which I can't attend it seems. It's 5th Dec and so far I haven't received any letter from HO. What's the best way forward please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Council Letter but no Home Office Letter

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:12 am

Sure you haven't missed it? It looks like a junk mail envelope. A5 and brown with no distinct HO markings on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 am

I just double checked all my junk mails once again now - no sign of A5 or brown envelopes or any HO letter. :(

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:03 pm

I dropped an email to UKVI asking this at citizenship.suppprt@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
They told that it was dispatched on 24th Nov and also sent me PDF of the approval letter asking me to take a print out of that and then go to ceremony. As I was about to take print out, the original HO approval letter came by post ;-) Glad!