ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application by post vs NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Application by post vs NCS

Post by Summertime76 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Sorry if this has already been discussed here.

Apart from the obvious benefit of someone with experience going over the application (not discussing the JCAP scheme at the moment) is there any other reason to use NCS which justifies paying?

Not that I am not willing to, but the AN form seems to be straight forward enough and having all the relevant supporting documents, makes me wonder if it is worth it.

Looking through the timelines vast majority of applicants seem to be using NCS centres, which makes me wonder if I am missing something. Or is it a simple convenience of NCS+JCAP scheme and peace of mind?

Thanks

MrsGreenside

Re: Application by post vs NCS

Post by MrsGreenside » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Apart from the NCS going over your application the main reason why people use this service is that the NCS will copy and certify all your documents. This means you can take the originals back home, i.e. your passport. I did not like the idea of being without my passport for 6 months.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Well worth the fee, you keep the originals, they copy, certify and post the bundle.
In my case NCS saved me from an expensive mistake - had to have another appointment but that was only £60/each compared to the application fee. I also had to travel two weeks later, no hassle at all.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:58 pm

With NCS...
  • Applicant keeps hold of vital documents;
    It helps some applicants to talk through their application with 'someone'; (NCS are at least OISC-registered);
    Date of interview is date of application;
    NCS pays for copying and shipping the bundle to HO;
    Applicant can (often) preview the location for citizenship ceremony;
    If on EU trajectory, kindly NCS official may use secret HO helpline to check applicant's date of acquisition of PR;
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:07 pm

If you opt for JCAPS, which saves a lot of time. Once you attend ceremony, you will get your passport in weeks time. For postal application you need attend interview and will take 4 weeks total processing time for passport.

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Post by Summertime76 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks to all of you for responding and getting positive points of NCS across. Was hoping for someone who went down the postal application route to tell me it is all going to be fine.
Will have to do some thinking as it is still not obvious to me.

Perhaps it’s just my situation:
- Don’t have any issues with HO holding on to my ID card for as long as they need to - I still have my passport if need to travel (applied for DCPR and all the tests using ID card)
- Date of interview isn’t that important either – only have to be aware of ‘being physically present in the UK 5 years prior to application date’ requirement, which is easy to calculate
- Learnt PR acquisition date through SAR

Guess JCAP scheme and elimination of additional passport application/interview makes it worth £90 charged by the local council.
Thanks again for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:04 pm

£90??? That is expensive.

You can use any NCS, it does not have to be your council. Fee vary greatly (I paid £55).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Summertime76 wrote:Thanks to all of you for responding and getting positive points of NCS across. Was hoping for someone who went down the postal application route to tell me it is all going to be fine.
Will have to do some thinking as it is still not obvious to me.

£90! Shop around.

People do apply by post.
Or you can hire a 'Suit' and pay them £1000 to file for you.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.