ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and Divorce

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nacc390
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa and Divorce

Post by Nacc390 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi
I got a friend who is on Spouse Visa (expiring within a year) and she got divorced by her husband who is British citizen. She also has 3 children 2 of them have British Passports and the 1 has Foreign passport (She will get her British Passport soon).

The question is that what will happned with her after her current spouse Visa expires ? as ex-husband will unlikely extend her visa. and what will be the status of her Children who are living with her as the younger one is only 2 years old.

noajthan

Re: Spouse Visa and Divorce

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Spouse is obliged to notify UKVI of relationship breakdown. Asap (now) not when visa expires.

New visa will be required or else leave UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa and Divorce

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Her best shot may be to apply for a FLR(FP) Parent route visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.