ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resolving a (bogus) NHS debt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bisonburgher
Newly Registered

Resolving a (bogus) NHS debt

Post by bisonburgher » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm 4 months into the registration-by-ancestry process via Form UKM and just got an email from the Home Office saying that I have an outstanding debt of £1400 to the NHS and have 2 weeks to submit evidence that I'm repaying it.

The problem is that I haven't set foot in the UK in over 25 years, let alone have I ever used the NHS, or any other kind of government service, even when I was there.

I can't find any contact information for a "debt repayment" office at the NHS, and the main phone NHS number is giving a recorded message that their office is closed "for technical reasons".

Should I bother trying to call the case worker at the Home Office? They don't accept email replies, and I'm imagining her just telling me to "take it up with the NHS".

Is there any chance this is related to owing about $1200 to my local healthcare provider here in the US? I usually don't pay all the copays & deductibles until the end of the year, after insurance has had a chance to pay their share (or not).

:?
BB

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Resolving a (bogus) NHS debt

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Perhaps you could post the text of the email (without personal details)?
Does the email refer to you by name and quote your HO reference number?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Try this No if you want to pay your NHS debt or want to discuss it further. The NO is 03003309291.

Regards,

Shah

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:15 pm

bisonburgher wrote:I'm 4 months into the registration-by-ancestry process via Form UKM and just got an email from the Home Office saying that I have an outstanding debt of £1400 to the NHS and have 2 weeks to submit evidence that I'm repaying it.

The problem is that I haven't set foot in the UK in over 25 years, let alone have I ever used the NHS, or any other kind of government service, even when I was there.

I can't find any contact information for a "debt repayment" office at the NHS, and the main phone NHS number is giving a recorded message that their office is closed "for technical reasons".

Should I bother trying to call the case worker at the Home Office? They don't accept email replies, and I'm imagining her just telling me to "take it up with the NHS".

Is there any chance this is related to owing about $1200 to my local healthcare provider here in the US? I usually don't pay all the copays & deductibles until the end of the year, after insurance has had a chance to pay their share (or not).

:?
BB
Are you a Commonwealth citizen?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bisonburgher
Newly Registered

Post by bisonburgher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 pm

UPDATE: The Home Office case worker actually replied to my email -- probably the most shocking thing about all of this -- and gave me the NHS invoice number, date and location of service, and the patient's name (whose last name matches my middle name.) They claim the patient is my son and was treated at a London hospital in 2014 -- neither of which are possible. I've contacted the hospital directly and hope to get my application back on track very soon.

:roll:
BB