ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PARENTS DEPENDENT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tayyabbilal

EEA PARENTS DEPENDENT

Post by tayyabbilal » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:10 am

HI MY BROTHER IS ITALIAN CITIZEN AND HAD QP MY PARENTS HAVE ITALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENCE
THEY TRAVEL TO UK ON VISIT VISA AND WE ARE LOOKING TO APPLY FOR FAMILY RESIDENCE FOR THEM
MY FATHER IS 70 YEAR OLD AND MOTHER IS 63 YEARS OF AGE MY BROTHER WAS SENDING MONEY TO THEM REGULARLAY IN PAST I HAVE A QUESTION MY PARENTS APPLIED FOR VISIT VISA FOR 5 YEARS 4 YEARS BACK AT THAT TIME THEY HAVE £25000 in there account will that effect on family residence permit ? also what documents do I need to apply currently they are residing with us and we don't have anyone at back home.
so they are dependent on us financially emotionally and no one is there to look after them except us.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA PARENTS DEPENDENT

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:28 am

The 25K will have a bearing on the question of whether genuine dependency exist.

As i was advising another member yesterday, have a visit visa on the basis of previous self sufficiency can sometimes create issue, as the test for dependency is whether they require support to meet their essential needs, and not to maintain a particular life style.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors