ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth certificate - multilingual or certified translation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raff113
Poland

Birth certificate - multilingual or certified translation

Post by Raff113 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:41 am

We are gathering all the documents to apply for BC for our daughter who was not born in the UK. I understand that, among all the others,we are required to submit her full birth certificate. Her country of birth (Poland) issues multilingual certificates. Would this be sufficient or rather it has to be translated by a certified translator? Does anyone has any experience in this matter? Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Birth certificate - multilingual or certified translatio

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 am

I have got one of those issued under EU regulation (extract from the register). Used it many times - not need to translate (as it's already done...),
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 am

alterhase58 wrote:I have got one of those issued under EU regulation (extract from the register). Used it many times - not need to translate (as it's already done...),
That's exactly what I thought. No need for translation as already in plain English. Was just talking with HO helpline and guess what they have said - it has got to be translated anyway. Where is the logic?

zohal
Newly Registered

Post by zohal » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:49 pm

First British passport applicants born or adopted outside the UK – parents’ or adoptive parents’ documents
Please provide the following:
The passport you entered the country from which you are applying, and if different, any non-British passport held as well as the evidence shown in the table below:
Born before 1 January 1983 • your father’s full birth certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or naturalisation or registration certificate; and
• his marriage certificate to your mother.
Born on or after 1 January
• one of your parents’ full birth certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or naturalisation or registration certificate; and
• if this is your father, his marriage certificate to your mother (this does not apply for those born on or after 1 July 2006).
Born abroad but adopted in
the UK before 1 January 1983
• the child’s full adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details); and
• evidence of adoptive parent’s claim to British nationality by providing their UK birth or adoption, naturalisation or registration certificate; and
• if the adoption is a joint adoption, we need evidence of the adoptive father’s claim to British nationality.
Applicants who were adopted
abroad who do not have a
naturalisation or registration
certificate
• an adoption certificate (where the Hague Convention applies the certificate should clearly state that the adoption took place under the Hague Convention under Article 17
of the Convention on Intercountry Adoption); and
• one adopter’s claim to British nationality by providing their birth certificate or naturalisation or registration certificate; and
• evidence of an adopter’s habitual residence in the UK (or both adopters in the case of joint adoption). Habitual residence is their normal home, the place where they have