ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my child leave the coutry while application in progress?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tarig_abu
Newly Registered

Can my child leave the coutry while application in progress?

Post by tarig_abu » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi,

I have just submitted an application for my child for registration (MN1) and for the passport as well using JCAP. He was born in the UK.

My wife needs to travel home for a family reason, and she needs to take him with her. He doesnt have a Visa currently as didnt leave the uk before.

Can he leave the country with another passport/travel document from my home country, while application is in progress?
- he will have his biometric done first.

If that is fine, can I post the passport to him to use it to enter the UK? In this case he will actually use the other passport to travel, but only to show the UK passport at immigration. Will that cause any issues?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can my child leave the coutry while application in progr

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Should be fine.

Whether or not you can post a British Passport depends on the country you are sending it to and if allowed or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:22 pm

If you had a visa to come back to UK then it would be a non-issue but since you do not have it, I think it will be tricky sending the passport via post/someone and what if there are issues with Passport issuance -> You have to apply for entry clearance/right of abode in this case for your child?

tarig_abu
Newly Registered

Post by tarig_abu » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi

Thank you for your replies.

I am aware of the risk of not having the passport. I am happy to to take the risk if there is no legal problem with leaving the country while the application is in progress.

In regard of sending the passport, I can take it myself, and come back with my child if that's a better way.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 pm

No issue leaving the UK on foreign passport after biometrics have been enrolled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.