ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary requirement for spouse visa...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tajammul77

Salary requirement for spouse visa...

Post by tajammul77 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:54 am

Hi all,

I am going to apply for my wife visa soon. i just want to clear one thing i am confused about...i am doing 2 jobs to meet the salary threshold. my first jobs hrs are 37.5 per week and get paid every 4 weeks. my 2nd job hrs are 16 and i get paid monthly. pay days of job 1 keep changing every month bcoz i get paid every 4 weeks and 2nd job pay day fixed every month e.g.,

job 1 salary: 29 july, 26 aug, 23 sep, 21 oct, 18 Nov, 15 Dec
Job 2 salary: 4 Aug, 4 sep, 4 oct, 4 nov, 4 dec, 4 jan

My question is, is payslips in above order okay or they should be in same months. i mean payslips from July-aug or aug-aug.

2nd which category i have to use A or B?

Thank you so much for listening. ur quick response will be highly appreciated.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Salary requirement for spouse visa...

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:03 pm

If you are with employers for at least 6 month prior to application then you can apply under CAT A of salaried or non salaried. You need to confirm from your employer that whether you are in salary employment or non salaried. Non salaried is normally where your working hours vary each month or there is no fixed pay or fixed contract. You then need to calculate your earning from two jobs as per calculation formula of salaried and non salaried and then add up these two to see whether you meed the requirement

Calculation formula of salaried: Taking lowest month income from last 6 month and multiply with 12 to calculate your gross annual income

Calculation formula of non salaried: adding up last 6 month pay and divide by 6 then multiply by 12 and that will be your gross annual salary

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am

Thanks ILR1980 for ur quick reply...

my working hrs in both job are fixed, 37.5 hrs each week in 1st job and 16 hrs each week in 2nd job and i get paid after 4 weeks in 1st job and monthly in 2nd job..and if i want i can do overtime but i dont do normally...in last 6 months i just did 2 days overtime and if make sick call i dont get paid...so wot u think its salaried or non salaried?...

my 6 months will be completed on 23 Dec in 1st job and my first pay day was 29 July and my 6th pay day will be on 15 Dec as i get paid after 4 weeks..so there is about 4 days different each month pay...so it is okay to provide these 6th payslip (from 29 july to 15 dec) or should i wait for jan 2017 payslip.

Thanks once again...

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Any senior moderators, Casa, Vinny, Amber, Obie would like to shed some light on please....

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

It is not clear if you your employment in either job is salaried or non-salaried.
Either way, you will have to use the appropriate formula for both jobs separately.

Also, for the job where you are paid every 4 weeks provide wage slips and bank statements to cover the period of 28 weeks. Then calculate your wage for the 26 weeks/6 months as follows:

TOTAL GROSS INCOME OVER LAST 28 WEEKS / 28 = PER WEEK WAGE
PER WEEK WAGE x 26 = AVERAGE GROSS INCOME FOR PAST 26 WEEKS/6 MONTHS

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:21 pm

5.1.3. Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken. Salaried employment includes that paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:21 pm

tajammul77 wrote:Thanks ILR1980 for ur quick reply...

my working hrs in both job are fixed, 37.5 hrs each week in 1st job and 16 hrs each week in 2nd job and i get paid after 4 weeks in 1st job and monthly in 2nd job..and if i want i can do overtime but i dont do normally...in last 6 months i just did 2 days overtime and if make sick call i dont get paid...so wot u think its salaried or non salaried?...

my 6 months will be completed on 23 Dec in 1st job and my first pay day was 29 July and my 6th pay day will be on 15 Dec as i get paid after 4 weeks..so there is about 4 days different each month pay...so it is okay to provide these 6th payslip (from 29 july to 15 dec) or should i wait for jan 2017 payslip.

Thanks once again...
Are you working @ hourly rate or fixed pay? You normally have written contract prior to employment if you are in salaried employment. You should ask this from your HR department about nature of your work contract and whther you come under salaried or non salaried as calculation method is different. You can work overtime in boht salaried and non salaried employment and it count as long as its been paid in last 6 month and you calculate overtime in same way as you calculate gross non salaried income based on last 6 month earning

You should have 6 month payslips in boht job no matter when you started . Your financial document should not be older than 28 days before making application. Differences of few days between two jobs dont matter as you calculate earning from two job separately and then combine them..