ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP - my current EU Passport ?!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Berry777

JCAP - my current EU Passport ?!

Post by Berry777 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello,

Please kindly clarify to me my concern.

I have an appointment for JCAP next week, I understand for the passport application the local council will need my current passport as they will need to send it to the passport office?

I am travelling before Christmas and I am confused if local council will need my current passport.

I know that for Naturalisation application they will certify and send a copy of my passport, but how about for the passport application?

For passport application the required documents are:2 passport photos, any uncancelled passports (meaning my current valid EU passport) and naturalisation certificate.

Please clarify this procedure to me! :roll:

alterhase58
Germany

Re: JCAP - my current EU Passport ?!

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:35 pm

No need to worry it's a joint application, passport office won't need your passport. Once your naturalisation is approved and you had the ceremony UKVI will tell HMPO and they will send you the passport - job done!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Berry777

Post by Berry777 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Are you sure?

Nowhere does it say on the form and any where else that i will not need to send my unconcealed passport.

It really is confusing, especially as i am doing it through JCAP.

Can someone else please also tell their experience who have done JCAP and did not have to send your original passport to the passport office?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Berry777 wrote:Are you sure?

Nowhere does it say on the form and any where else that i will not need to send my unconcealed passport.

Can someone else please also tell their experience who have done JCAP and did not have to send your original passport to the passport office?
Well there are plenty of questions on this in the forum and the advice is clear. At the NCS your documents (including passport) will be checked and copied/certified and therefore there is no further need for providing documents for the passport (clearly you won't have a naturalisation certificate). You also won't have to attend the first passport interview. I didn't take the route myself but I am sure plenty of members will attest to what I have described.

The PP form is for normal postal applications and is not specifically designed for JCAP.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:31 pm

Just had my appointment last Wednesday and can confirm that your passport is returned to you at the end of the appointment.

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:59 am

I too did JCAP. I had my passport photocopied, then returned back to me. After the ceremony council notifies HMPO that you have attended and you should get your new passport within few working days. Mine took only 6 days to arrive.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:15 am

Berry777 wrote:Are you sure?

If making a regular, standalone passport application, HMPO want to see all uncancelled passports in order to check on the applicant's identity (identities) and presumably to see who they really are.

Under JCAP you presumably take all such passports with you to the NCS interview for similar inspection and copying.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Berry777

Post by Berry777 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Thank you all for your posted replies! It was very helpful and now I am clear on this.

I wonder if the Council at my JCAP appointment would accept that I bring all my original docs to the appointment and do the photocopy beforehand as well of all my documents so that they have less work to do and do not have to photocopy my docs, I can do my self and avoid any confusion bring my original documents to prove.

Do you think they would accept that? i am worried they will not photocopy my documents properly and skip something, also I am not sure if they will want to accept all my bank statements since 2009 as it is additional proof of me being present in the UK apart from letters from the Universities and some letters from employers. I do not have all my P60s covering 5 years, I have letters from university when I was studying full time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Berry777 wrote:Thank you all for your posted replies! It was very helpful and now I am clear on this.

I wonder if the Council at my JCAP appointment would accept that I bring all my original docs to the appointment and do the photocopy beforehand as well of all my documents so that they have less work to do and do not have to photocopy my docs, I can do my self and avoid any confusion bring my original documents to prove.

Do you think they would accept that? i am worried they will not photocopy my documents properly and skip something, ...
NCS make copies of applicant's bundles all the time.
They probably have a super-duper copier.
And that is what you are paying for in the fee.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:14 pm

noajthan wrote:
Berry777 wrote:Thank you all for your posted replies! It was very helpful and now I am clear on this.

Do you think they would accept that? i am worried they will not photocopy my documents properly and skip something, ...
NCS make copies of applicant's bundles all the time.
They probably have a super-duper copier.
And that is what you are paying for in the fee.
Took them 25 minutes to make all the photocopies (though two passports) - she said beforehand it'll take a while as she has to do each 2 pages individually and can't feed it through. Obviously.

OP, you have to take originals and they'll make their own copies and certify them so no point taking your own.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Do you think they would accept that? i am worried they will not photocopy my documents properly and skip something, also I am not sure if they will want to accept all my bank statements since 2009 as it is additional proof of me being present in the UK apart from letters from the Universities and some letters from employers. I do not have all my P60s covering 5 years, I have letters from university when I was studying full time.
I stand corrected on this but I have the feeling that I've read somewhere that bank statements aren't acceptable.

If you have letters from uni/employer/P60s that'll cover it anyway though.

Done a quick Google - http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20051 ... vice_ncs/3

Berry777

Post by Berry777 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:47 am

Hello,

Thank you for your replies!

I have. Locked on the link that you posted, it does say that bank statements are not going to be accepted.

But it makes me wonder why not, because my bank statements reveal that I have been present in the UK since 2009 buying things in U.K. Shops etc. I wonder why would not HO accept bank statements?

I sent my bank statements when I applied for my EEA PR and it was alright.. Hmm

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:12 am

Berry777 wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your replies!

I have. Locked on the link that you posted, it does say that bank statements are not going to be accepted.

But it makes me wonder why not, because my bank statements reveal that I have been present in the UK since 2009 buying things in U.K. Shops etc. I wonder why would not HO accept bank statements?

I sent my bank statements when I applied for my EEA PR and it was alright.. Hmm
A council/NCS website is not official guidance let alone a statement of the law.
The map is not the territory, if you will.

Bank statements alone don't prove residence.
And online bank statements can be easily manipulated.

Berry777

Post by Berry777 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 am

Yes that is True!

However, my bank statements are originals and I would submit them along with letters from university and P60s for those years I have because I was studying and was not working for whole 5 years. I was first at university full time and only then upon my graduation commenced full time employment.

My bank statements would be additional residence proof because sometimes I had a gap of 3-4 months when I finished university and started working .. to prove that I was still in the UK .. I will provide my bank statements..