ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Extension submission

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

premc
Newly Registered

Tier2 Extension submission

Post by premc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 am

Hi ,

My Current Visa for Tier 2 General Will expire on Feb 9.
1) I want to go for same day application in Glasgow.
2) Can i apply in first week of January or should i need to wait until the gap is 28 days for my expiry.
3) i am requesting for COS, my job code is 2133 and i work only 32 hrs per week. what is the minimum salary they need to give me on COS?

Thanks in advance.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier2 Extension submission

Post by GMO » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Yo can apply prior 28 days of your current visa expire and Please check in UKVI site with the SOC code for the experienced salary rate. But i blv it whould be 30 hours!

premc
Newly Registered

Post by premc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 pm

GMO wrote:Yo can apply prior 28 days of your current visa expire and Please check in UKVI site with the SOC code for the experienced salary rate. But i blv it whould be 30 hours!

Hi,

I have checked the SOC code it shows for 2133 code experienced salaray is 40500. is that for 40 hrs or 39 hrs.
i will work only 32 hrs can i put 34000k.

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:29 am

premc wrote:
GMO wrote:Yo can apply prior 28 days of your current visa expire and Please check in UKVI site with the SOC code for the experienced salary rate. But i blv it whould be 30 hours!

Hi,

I have checked the SOC code it shows for 2133 code experienced salaray is 40500. is that for 40 hrs or 39 hrs.
i will work only 32 hrs can i put 34000k.

Thanks
The rates are based on a 39 -hour working week for all occupations where the salary source used is the
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.
Where other salary sources are used, please note that the rates are based on the following weekly hours:
Where the source is NHS Agenda for Change or the Royal Institute of British Architects, a 37.5-
hour week; Where the source is teachers’ national pay scales, the definition of a full -time teacher
is used when determining those pay scales; Where the source is the National Grid submission to the Migration Advisory Committee, a 37-hour week;In all other cases, a 40-hour week.
If the job has contracted weekly hours or is paid an hourly rate, the rates must be prorated accordingly
for the hours you are sponsoring the migrant to work, but otherwise they do not need to be prorated.

I guess it will be 39 hours in your case. if your contract hour is 32 hours then it will be calculated as appropriate. I'm not sure how they do the calculation
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:10 am

make sure its a normal thing in the company to work 32 hours and not just for u, as that can lead to rejection and further inquiries about your company.
U can apply whenever u want.. it doesn't have to be 28 days before expiry of current visa.