ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Office Check & Send

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arturpl

Post Office Check & Send

Post by arturpl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Just wondering if it was a waste of £10 paying PO for checking my passport application as can't even track it as they don't give tracker number although they use Special Delivery service. So how do I know where my originals and form are now?...Heard that no one gets tracker number only bar code that was on form so you can track it directly on HMPO website....Can't see any benefits of PO check&send....:-(

pentaya
India

Re: Post Office Check & Send

Post by pentaya » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:13 pm

arturpl wrote:Just wondering if it was a waste of £10 paying PO for checking my passport application as can't even track it as they don't give tracker number although they use Special Delivery service. So how do I know where my originals and form are now?...Heard that no one gets tracker number only bar code that was on form so you can track it directly on HMPO website....Can't see any benefits of PO check&send....:-(
Here is the way to track passport: https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 pm

thank you I know I can track it that way (once delivered to passport office) but the fact I don't know what is happening with my certificate and originals between post office branch and HMPO makes me paranoid as no delivery tracker number given threfo can't track it. Just cannot see benefits of sending form using Check & Send as if you send yourself you at least get your Special Delivery tracker number if paperwork lost.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:21 pm

arturpl wrote:thank you I know I can track it that way (once delivered to passport office) but the fact I don't know what is happening with my certificate and originals between post office branch and HMPO makes me paranoid as no delivery tracker number given threfo can't track it. Just cannot see benefits of sending form using Check & Send as if you send yourself you at least get your Special Delivery tracker number if paperwork lost.
You don't need to track it from PO to HO, if you use C&S they are the agent, they guarantee delivery to HO and everything is just internal mail.
No reports I'm aware of of bundles going astray from C&S service.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.