ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FLR(M) - Unmarried Partner Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JollyPhil
Newly Registered

Applying for FLR(M) - Unmarried Partner Visa

Post by JollyPhil » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:38 pm

My girlfriend and I are due to apply for the above visa at the beginning of February. We have a couple of questions we hope someone can answer:

1). In the past two years we have lived at two seperate addresses in the UK, both of which have been privately rented, multiple occupancy properties. Currently we share our house with another couple and all four tenants have signed the 12-month lease agreement. It is a three bedroom house, so we also let the third bedroom to a fifth housemate (with the full knowledge and consent of our landlord). In terms of the domestic arrangements, we transfer a single lump sum into the other couples' bank account to cover our portion of the rent and bills; they then make electronic payments to our landlord and to the relevant utility companies. Since they had already lived in the house for nearly two years when we moved in and had this structure in place, it was deemed to be the most straightforward arrangement for everyone.

However, our concern now is that we may be construed not to be living "as a married couple". We do, of course, have plenty of other proof in support of our application, joint bank account and the like. It is just this issue specifically that's bothering us. Can anyone please advise?

2). Our second issue involves work. I am a self-employed freelence designer and have my own limited company. I pay myself £1,500 (net) per month through the company, plus expenses; the balance of my earnings remain within the company. My accountant generates monthly pay slips to this effect, and these earnings are of course corroborated by my personal bank statements.

The question is, do I need to include documentation pertaining to my business, (ie. business bank statements, company accounts and so forth) within the application, or as an employee of my own company can I simply supply my payslips and personal bank statements?

Thank you to anyone who is willing to share their personal experiences, or even better to offer some professional advice.

Cheers,
Phil