ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for whole family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archies
Newly Registered

Naturalisation for whole family

Post by archies » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:27 pm

All my family (myself, wife and 2 children) obtained ILR status last year after 10years long stay. It will be one year since obtaining ILR and we all qualify for appling for naturalisation after 16.1.08. Children are 13yr and 17yr of age. What forms do I use for applying for naturalisation. How much fee do I have to pay for whole family to apply. Do I have to pay seperate fee for children's applications.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Naturalisation for whole family

Post by JAJ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:16 am

archies wrote:All my family (myself, wife and 2 children) obtained ILR status last year after 10years long stay. It will be one year since obtaining ILR and we all qualify for appling for naturalisation after 16.1.08. Children are 13yr and 17yr of age. What forms do I use for applying for naturalisation. How much fee do I have to pay for whole family to apply. Do I have to pay seperate fee for children's applications.
You and your wife both need to complete a form AN. Cost will be GBP575 (application fee) + GBP160 (ceremony fee for two persons) = GBP735.

One application fee for naturalisation covers both husband and wife if they apply at the same time.

Did your wife get ILR at the same time as you?

Each of your children requires a form MN1. The cost will be an additional GBP400, one fee covers both children.

When does the 17 year old turn 18?

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... /applying/

archies
Newly Registered

Post by archies » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:44 am

Many thanks for you prompt reply.

I got my ILR on 14.9.06. My wife and children got their ILR on 02.01.07. My first daughter is going to turn 18 on 3.7.08. Do we qualify.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:39 pm

archies wrote:Many thanks for you prompt reply.

I got my ILR on 14.9.06. My wife and children got their ILR on 02.01.07. My first daughter is going to turn 18 on 3.7.08. Do we qualify.
You've held ILR for long enough. Check the other requirements for naturalisation, if you qualify then apply.