ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension FLR (M) advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coder-r
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension FLR (M) advice needed

Post by coder-r » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:12 am

Hello everybody!

I am in the process of submitting my wife’s FLR (M) application form and I had a couple of questions which I am looking to clarify. :?

I understand she can apply for FLR(M) 28 days before her 30 month in the UK. She arrived on the 7th June 2014 and her 30th month would be December 2016. Her visa expires on the 22nd of February and I am not sure if it’s the 28 days before this date. Can someone help me with the answer?

The HIS fee is also somewhat confusing. Do I pay this before the application or during? When I try and calculate the fee online using the tool it comes up with 0? I understand it is £200 a year and would be £300 when applying for FLR (M) 2.5 year extension? Am I correct in thinking this?

We also have a child together who was born in the UK. I am correct in thinking he wouldn’t be classed as a dependant as he is British?

Items in the application pack I intend to include are as follows:
• Wife’s (applicant) passport
• 2 passport size photographs of my wife
• 6 months wage slips showing salary over the 21k
• 6 months bank statements showing salary
• Proof of accommodation:
o Mortgage approval
o Council tax
o Home deeds
• Proof of relationship
o Mostly pictures from our time together on holidays
• Letter from employer confirming employment.

Some things I am not sure are needed are as follows:
• Is my passport and a passport size photograph of me required?
• Proof of English Language ability for my wife? I have her previous IELTs certificate used for her spouse visa but not sure this is required?

Anything else you guys think I am missing or should add?

Thank you everyone for your help in advance. This forum is really invaluable!

coder-r
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa extension FLR (M) advice needed

Post by coder-r » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Anyone able to help?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:13 pm

It may be better for her to apply in January after the holidays. No need to rush.

Her IHS should be paid before submitting the FLR(M). I believe the form requires a payment reference.

Proof of required co-habitation is also required. Examples of acceptable documents are in the form.

Do your documents satisfy Appendix FM-SE?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coder-r
Newly Registered

Post by coder-r » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Thank you for your reply.

What is the correct fee for IHS? I see some places quoting £500 but from what i calculate its £300?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 pm

If the visa lasts for 2.5 years and the IHS is £200 per year, how do you calculate it should be £300? :shock:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=200*2.5

coder-r
Newly Registered

Post by coder-r » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Ah okay makes sense. :lol: Think i was doing 200*1.5 in my head for some reason...been a long day.

Guys was the rest of things i mentioned in my first post okay apart from the co-habition mentioned by Vinny?

I checked Appendix FM-SE and i do satisfy this.

Vinny by co-habition do you mean proof that we are staying together? So does this mean pictures or bank accounts etc? The council tax is on my and wifes name and the electricity bill is on her name. Would that suffice?

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Hello
I suggest you read FLRM form and guidance notes, links are below,

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm

flr(m) guidance notes - Gov.uk

Cohibitation:
items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. Read page 62 and 63 for acceptable Cohibitation documents but make sure you meet this requirements.
Also provide marriage certificate and translation in English if it is in another language,your passport or copy of your passport with each page and one photograph.
Pay IHS charges online and a IHS reference number will be generated which you will need while filling the application.
Rest looks okay for now
Best of luck
Regards

coder-r
Newly Registered

Post by coder-r » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:48 am

Thank you for your reply innovation2000. I have started filling out the application and it makes much more sense. I was getting ahead of myself and collating docs/information before even starting the app. :|

One last final question I have is the date from when i can apply. Is there anywhere I can find which details that the application for FLR(M) can be applied 28days before the 30month from arriving in the UK? Slightly concerned as my wifes visa expires on the 22nd February and hopefully its not 28 days before this date! :oops:

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:40 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.