ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused under 196d

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kasi

ILR refused under 196d

Post by kasi » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 am

Hi All,

I have applied for my wife ILR under 196D on 15th december 2016 and unfortunately HO has refused the application stating that she has not meet the requirement for 196d(i)(1).
on 5th October we have applied for her ILR and the case worker has refused the application on the basis of her ESOL certificate which is not in HO list anymore. during the conversation I had with him, he clearly said that that is the only reason they have rejected her ILR application and also this is the only reason they have mentioned in the refusal letter. so my wife has done the B1 and today we had inperson appointment and they have stated the reason is as follows:

"In view of the fact that you were last granted leave in the United Kingdom was granted based on your Family and Private life in the United Kingdom it is not accepted that you meet paragraph 196D(i)(1) of Immigration Rules. Your application therefore falls for refusal under Paragraph 196F with reference to Paragraph 196D(i)(1) of the Immigration Rules"

will anyone please guide me that is HO correct here and shall I go for Administrative review?

I need help please. I will be thankful for your support and advice as I have already spent around £5k with no results sofar.

I am sorry that I have created the new topic just to make sure that I do get help or advice.

Thanks,
Sheraz

vinny

Re: ILR refused under 196d

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:12 am

CR001 wrote:No need for multiple posts. Please continue in your original topic, where this has already been posted.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1433152
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.