ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

where to start from?green card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_bolbol20

where to start from?green card

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:17 am

Hi
anyone know what the normal process for applying for iresh green card is ?im currently in UK and looking for IT job in Ireland, wondered if companys do employee over phone?(phone interview) or one should go there on visitor visa and look for job etc?where should i start from?any advice is much appreciated.
thanks

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi there,

I've heard of people doing it both ways, either by phone, or coming to the country and looking (all non-visa required nationals). I'm not sure what happens in the case of visa required nationals, should this apply to you.

I've not long been granted a green card, and I would strongly suggest that if you do come in as a tourist, that once you've found a job, you leave the country and apply from overseas, as they will decline an application made by someone on a tourist visa. I've heard of a case where the department itself (Enterprise, Trade and Employment) told a non-visa required national that it would be alright to (successfully) apply while in the country on a visitors visa, as non-visa required nationals are apparently able to change their immigration status while in the country. This application was declined on the basis of being on a visitors permit. Go figure. I've had a very similar run around too with trying to switch from a working holiday visa to a green card. I finally got one by applying from overseas (not my country of citizenship, but i have family in europe who kindly put me up for six weeks while I was waiting).

Another note, jumping ahead a bit, on the green card application form, the spaces left for answers aren't very big. I'd suggest that this form is completed as thoroughly as possible. I ended up including a supplementary answer sheet as it appears they can be quite difficult with applications that haven't had a lot of work put into them. I

ali_bolbol20

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:38 pm

thanks for your advice!