ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric resident permit enrolment missed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoit
Mood:
India

Biometric resident permit enrolment missed

Post by vinoit » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi All,
I have applied for Tier2 General extension. Applied on 21st of November 2016 and got a letter for biometric enrolment on 1st of December stating 28th November. I did seen the letter and read first page assuming its an acknowledgement letter and put back in my office bag to read it later. But i forget completely. Because in my last extension i received acknowledgement and biometric letter as separate. I was waiting for biometric letter till now. Today accidentally while cleaning my office bag i found the letter and its biometric letter. Thats frustrating and feel so bad about me because i applied with 2 depends which cost me around £4K. :cry: . It silly and completely my mistake. Today's date is 18th December 2016. As per the letter 15 working days is completed by last Friday and i am running overdue. Post office doing strike for next two days. It just adding more oil to the fire. So i can't able to enrol for next two days.

Here is the letter describing all the details

You must have your biometric information take as soon as possible, which must be no later than 15 days from the date of this letter. You must visit a participating Post Office branch to have your biometric information taken. If you do not, your application decision will be delayed and may be rejected.

What happens if I cannot enrol my biometric information?
If there are exceptional circumstances why you are not able to enrol your biometric information with 15 working days from the date of this letter you must email AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and explain why you are unable to attend. Please be aware that we may request more information and evidence about why you are unable to enrol.

And here is the information seen in gov.uk website

Failure to attend Post Office
If a person who is eligible to enrol their biometric information at a Post Office does not attend
a Post Office within 15 working days of the date of their biometric information notification
letter, you must send them a ‘biometric appointment warning letter’.
If a person is sent a rejection warning letter, they then have a further 10 working days from
the date of the warning letter to enrol at a Post Office.
This allows the Home Office to specify the process and the place where the biometric
information can be enrolled and monitor the situation. This is especially important when
applicants claim to have enrolled at a Post Office, but the Home Office does not have any
record of this.

What are the options in my case?
Will my application get rejected? or Will i get the warning letter to enrol with in next 10 working days?
Shall i go to post office to enrol biometric on Wednesday? or
Is it good to contact home office at AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk saying that i missed the biometric? If so i don't know what to mention in the email. Because the reason is just unacceptable. Any ideas?

Please i am looking for your help and guidance.

Thanks
Vino :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric resident permit enrolment missed

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Go tomorrow and enroll. Just because there is or might be a PO strike, does not mean the PO will be closed.

Alternatively, HO might send you another letter.

Moral of the story, ALWAYS read HO letters properly and never assume anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 pm

CR001 wrote:Go tomorrow and enroll. Just because there is or might be a PO strike, does not mean the PO will be closed.

Alternatively, HO might send you another letter.

Moral of the story, ALWAYS read HO letters properly and never assume anything.
Thank you Char. Yeah you might be right. Checked the post office website. Saying that it might be closed and ask to check tomorrow. Hope all goes well. Yes won't ignore any letter here in after.

You mentioned that HO would sent another letter. Does that mean the current biometric letter will be invalid ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 am

You mentioned that HO would sent another letter. Does that mean the current biometric letter will be invalid ?
Possibly but not necessarily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks for all your help guys. Got a visa without any issues. :)

pgonaguntla
Newly Registered

Post by pgonaguntla » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi Vinoit,

How long did it take for you to get the BRP ? what were the next steps you seen ? I'm in the same situation that I missed the first appointment and then I have got the letter again stating I have now 10 days to submit bio metrics which I did in time second time. But it's been 4 weeks now after submission and haven't heard anything so far.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anup123
Newly Registered

Post by Anup123 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:14 pm

HI,
I am also waiting for Biomatric letter. Could you please advise how long do you have to wait after the first biomatric letter expire. That is after expiring 15 working days.. how long after you receive your second biomatric letter.
Thank you
Kind Regards,
Anup