ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skip name change in BRP card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sma_tier1

Skip name change in BRP card

Post by sma_tier1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:19 am

Dear friends,

Need your guidance here.

I am eligible for British Naturalisation. I want to change my Surname. To keep the naturalisation process simple, I was recommended by colleagues to first change my surname in my Indian passport and then go for British Naturalisation.

My query is :
After changing my surname in my Indian Passport, can I directly apply for Naturalisation, thereby skipping (and saving £308) the change of name in BRP card.
Or
should I change the name in BRP card also and then go for British naturalisation ?

Thanks,
sma

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skip name change in BRP card

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 am

What is the reason for the change?

What supporting evidence will you have to show HO why your name changed?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sma_tier1

Re: Skip name change in BRP card

Post by sma_tier1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:31 pm

My Indian passport has my husband's family name as my surname. I want to use my parent's family name.

I will show HO, the name change deed poll from a solicitor.