ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Appriciated

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kathrynvt
Newly Registered

Help Appriciated

Post by kathrynvt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:49 am

Hi I'm 20 years old and am looking to either A Immigrate to the United States or B At least work there for a while.

I am an actress in the UK with a BTEC National Dilpoma in performing arts. I also have seven years of Professional Wrestling experience under my belt as well. I would like to go to the US to either act, sing, dance and or wrestle.

I have spent many hours scouring masny websites for information on working in and or moving too the United States but everything I read has been so confusing.

So what I am saking is can anyone be kind enough to put it VERY simply how I would go about the process, what I need, what it may cost etc etc.

ANy help most appriciated

Kathryn

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Help Appriciated

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:31 pm

kathrynvt wrote:Hi I'm 20 years old and am looking to either A Immigrate to the United States or B At least work there for a while.

I am an actress in the UK with a BTEC National Dilpoma in performing arts. I also have seven years of Professional Wrestling experience under my belt as well. I would like to go to the US to either act, sing, dance and or wrestle.

I have spent many hours scouring masny websites for information on working in and or moving too the United States but everything I read has been so confusing.

So what I am saking is can anyone be kind enough to put it VERY simply how I would go about the process, what I need, what it may cost etc etc.
Hi Kathryn, as explained in the link given by JAJ it's generally very difficult to emigrate or work in the US unless you either have a spouse or another close relative who is a US citizen, or you have exceptional abilities which are in high demand. From what you write it doesn't sound like you qualify for a work visa (the US has no shortage of either actors or wrestlers).

Daniel Green
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Green » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 pm

kathrynvt you should look at 8 CFR 214.2(p). You can find this regulation at uscis.gov on the link "Laws and Regulations". Then click the link to 8 CFR on that page. You can then track down 8 CFR 214.2(p) and its requirements.

-Dan