ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 year long residence, no previous passports

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonphd

ILR 10 year long residence, no previous passports

Post by londonphd » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Hello,

I've lived in the UK for 10 years on student visa (unexpected turn in my life made it possible to live on student visa for so long), and want to apply for ILR permit now. In the past 10 years, I've renewed my passport twice. I do not have my previous passports as my government retained them every time a new passport was issued. As such, I believe, I will have to provide a proof of continuous residence in the UK.

Can I use my medical records for this purpose? I think I've been registered with the NHS and GP for the whole duration of my stay in the UK, in fact, used the service within two months of my arrival in the UK. I do not know what information is typically included in my medical records, but I presume it will have all the records of hospital and GP attendance.

Thanks!
LondonPhd

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 10 year long residence, no previous passports

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:23 am

The SET(LR) form clearly states what documents you need to provide covering the 10 years if you do not have all your passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:38 pm

I'm with you on this dear. It is HARD to stay in formal education for 10 years. Here is the list of documents which you can use in lieu of your absconding passports.

Doctor’s letter(s) showing registration for each year of your stay and lettes from hospital(s)
or other local health service(s)
Council tax letter(s) or bills for each year of your stay
Gas, electricity and water and other domestic bills or statements for each year of your stay
National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms
HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax
paid
Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed
Department for Work and Pensions letter(s) and letters or other documents from other
government departments or agencies
Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children
born in the UK
Mortgage document(s) showing any property you own in the UK and/or a letter from your
landord confirming the period of your tenancy
Any other documents/details which support your application

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello,

Yes, it is hard to stay on student visa for so long, but my PhD was funded for 7 years and I worked as a part time lecturer at universities on generous pay contracts.

I do not have doctor's letters but I will have my full medical records included in the application, I hope this will be fine.

Just a quick question, do I need to include a letter for each calendar year of my stay or for each 12 month period since I arrived in the UK? For instance, I arrived in the UK in September 2006, I would have stayed for a year in the UK in September 2007, and September 2008 would mark the end of the second year of my stay in the UK and so on. Just wondering if a letter should be included for each calendar year or for each 12 monthly period?

Thanks