ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR form questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frankthetank12345
Newly Registered

ILR form questions

Post by frankthetank12345 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi. I am in the process of completing the ILR form (based on 5 year work permit holder) for me and my wife (dependent) and have a few questions:

Item 1.7 "Passport or travel document number": My original passport, on which I entered the UK and which has my FLR sticker/endorsement, has expired. I have a new passport, which I use as my actual travel document, and when I enter the UK and show both documents my new passport is stamped accordingly with VIPP.
Question: For this section, do I enter my old passport number (the one I entered the UK on, that has the FLR endorsement, and that the HO is aware of), or my new one?

Item 5.2 "Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home? If so, how much do you pay each month?": My wife and I pay our rent together (she transfers some money to my account every month, from which our rent is paid).
Question: Do I fill out how much our total monthly rent is, or just how much I pay (i.e. 50% of the total rent - my wife pays the other half)?

Item 5.3 " Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?"
Question: Do I fill out just my monthly take home or both me and my wife?

Thanks.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:55 pm

1. new number
2. total
3. just yours - there is a seperate section for hers.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:38 pm

VictoriaS wrote:1. new number
2. total
3. just yours - there is a seperate section for hers.

Victoria
However submit both passports

frankthetank12345
Newly Registered

Post by frankthetank12345 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:59 am

Hi again. Thanks very much for your reply. One last question though:
VictoriaS wrote: 3. just yours - there is a seperate section for hers.
Where on the SET(O) form does it ask for my wife's earnings? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:51 am

Does it matter? The form quite clearly asks for your income, not your wife's.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:14 pm

He's thinking ahead about why he's putting down rent expenditure for two people while only giving one income.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:55 pm

paulp wrote:He's thinking ahead about why he's putting down rent expenditure for two people while only giving one income.
then write, amount of rent/2 (as wife contributes and has her own salary)
If they want her salary under that basis, then they can ring him back and request it.

frankthetank12345
Newly Registered

Post by frankthetank12345 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:46 pm

SYH wrote:If they want her salary under that basis, then they can ring him back and request it.
I have an appointment at the PEO for a same day decision, and want to have everything in order. I'd rather not have the form filled out incorrectly or any other issues that would disrupt what should be a smooth process.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:29 pm

frankthetank12345 wrote:
SYH wrote:If they want her salary under that basis, then they can ring him back and request it.
I have an appointment at the PEO for a same day decision, and want to have everything in order. I'd rather not have the form filled out incorrectly or any other issues that would disrupt what should be a smooth process.
#
so how is the form filled out incorrectly with what i said?

frankthetank12345
Newly Registered

Post by frankthetank12345 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:42 pm

SYH wrote:
frankthetank12345 wrote:
#
so how is the form filled out incorrectly with what i said?
For the record, I never indicated that the information you or anyone provided was incorrect. All I want to ensure is that I minimise the possibility of having incomplete/incorrect information on the form.

As I'm applying for ILR based upon my own immigration status (with my wife simply being a dependent), from what I've gathered here as the correct protocol, I will operate under the premiss that the questions are asking for my own financial situation (take home pay and rental contribution).

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Yeah, put your take home pay. And then, put your rent and put your wife's rent in bracket, indicating that it's for your wife.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:52 pm

What if one's take home pay varies MoM? Is one supposed to do an average or just say 'around £ XXX'?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 pm

If you wish to make absolutely sure that everything is fine, you may wish to get me or a solicitor to look through it for you.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!