ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY URGENT..New COS Vs Old COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asd1301
Newly Registered

VERY URGENT..New COS Vs Old COS

Post by asd1301 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:56 am

Hi Friends,

Need your urgent help here

I have got a valid UK Stamping ICT Long Term till June 2018. I have recently came back to india (1 month) back as my project got over with Client A at London. My COS with Client A is still active & not cancelled

Now, I have got another project with Client B at Glasgow, where I need to travel in 2 weeks.

In this case, I have 3 queries -

1. Will I need a new COS to go to client B
2. If I need a COS, will I need to go for a new VISA stamping as well in India.
3. The Job title & Duties are slightly different between Client A & B, but in case if we don't want to go with new COS & keep the OLD COS only, by just updating the new client name & address, is this advisable/possible.

Kindly advise at the earliest possible, as I need to make a decision ASAP.

Many thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: VERY URGENT..New COS Vs Old COS

Post by iworker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:13 am

what exactly do u mean by client. Is client a company ? who will pay your wages.

asd1301
Newly Registered

Post by asd1301 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:51 am

iworker wrote:what exactly do u mean by client. Is client a company ? who will pay your wages.

By Client i mean the company or the customer to whom we render our services in the UK.

Employer remains the same who issued previous COS and pays wages.

In this case will I need a new VISA stamping.. is there any reference in the UK BA site where I can refer & quote

Pavkum
Newly Registered

Post by Pavkum » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am

I think if you are under same employer and with any new/existing client, no new visa is required. Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:18 pm

you need to check and see if the entire situation of yours is not illegal.
you cant be contracted to work for other companies in tier 2. see if the arrangement is acting like an umbrella company, which is illegal.

asd1301
Newly Registered

Post by asd1301 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:27 pm

Pavkum wrote:I think if you are under same employer and with any new/existing client, no new visa is required. Thanks.
Thanks - Do we have any reference in the website, which I can refer to my employer, as they are not agreeing for the same and asking me to go for a new stamping which I don't want to do as it will reset my clock on last 6.5yrs

asd1301
Newly Registered

Post by asd1301 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:20 pm

One more query on the same lines.. I spoke to Home Office & they advised that I can use the existing COS & get the new customer name & address changed.

Also, Job Title & Job description can be changed, as long as the Job Type - SOC code remains the same.

Can any experts please advise on the same

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Also note that you cannot go for a new LT visa. Since you already had a ICT LT visa, you will be subject to 12 month cool-off. If your employer have not informed about your relocation to UKVI, your visa may still be valid. In that case you can travel on the same visa. Check with our employer on it first.

asd1301
Newly Registered

Post by asd1301 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:39 am

moonlight55 wrote:Also note that you cannot go for a new LT visa. Since you already had a ICT LT visa, you will be subject to 12 month cool-off. If your employer have not informed about your relocation to UKVI, your visa may still be valid. In that case you can travel on the same visa. Check with our employer on it first.

Hi Moonlight55 -

My employer has not informed to home office that I am back & havent made any changes to my COS in SMS system

I understand that if we are changing the client name & address only , then I don't need a new COS & new VISA. 

I have a query regarding making some changes in the Migrant's Employment section in the COS- IF THAT IS POSSIBLE AND ADVISABLE

There are 3 sections under Migrant's Employment section in the COS -
1. Job Title
2. Job Type
3. Summary of Job description.

I have heard from home office & some lawyers that as long as we are NOT changing the Job Type which is a 4 digit SOC code (Standard Occupational Classification), we can amend the Job title & Summary of Job description if needed, as it is quite obvious & reasonable that if a person is going for a new customer, the Job title & duties can slightly change, as long as it in the umbrella of the same Job Type - which is the SOC code.
In my case, the Job Type is '2134 - IT project and programme managers', so as long as we keep it as it is, we can amend the Job title & Summary of job description if at all needed. Is this something we can get double verified so that I can travel on the same COS with little modifications on Client Name, address, Job title & Job Description

asd1301
Newly Registered

Post by asd1301 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:52 am

Hi Experts,

Awaiting your kind advise on the same, so as to decide my travel.

I need to understand, what are the options for me to travel back to the UK without getting a new VISA stamping and probably with the same CoS only, as long as it is under the laws of UK BA

Thanks in anticipation