ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

comprehensive medical insurance ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eumumto2

comprehensive medical insurance ?

Post by eumumto2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:11 am

Hello, I would like to ask your advice people.
My family has issued PR blue cards a year ago. We are from EU.
All these years we are living in the UK my husband was working. I understand that I received this PR because of him, because he was a main applicant? - Now he doesn't want to go further to Citizenship. He doesn't want to pass tests and things like that. But I want to get citizenship for me and our son 16 y.o.
I was a full-time student for 2 years and a housewife for the rest time.
Question - will I be able to get citizenship if I was a housewife and I never had any medical insurance??
question 2 - will it make any difference if my husband will do citizenship as well? as main applicant?

eumumto2

Re: comprehensive medical insurance ?

Post by eumumto2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Probably I wrote a messy question.
I am wondering on what ground did I receive the PR?
Self-sufficient? is that possible if I didn't have any medical insurance? As I said we are from EU and my husband has been working all these 7 years what we are living here. I was a student and a housewife.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:57 pm

No, from your post it appears that you acquired PR through your husband's sponsorship through his employment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eumumto2

Post by eumumto2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks for your answer, Casa!
Does this mean that I should not worry about any health insurance? Because I wonder if I got PR mistakenly? All these documents make me stressful..

eumumto2

Post by eumumto2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 pm

And can I apply for citizenship even if my husband won't apply? or if he is my sponsor should I do it with him only? sorry for multiple questions!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:32 pm

If your husband was exercising his Treaty rights throughout your 5 year qualifying period you have acquired PR correctly, with no need for CSI.

You can apply for BC on your own regardless of whether your husband applies or not.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eumumto2

Post by eumumto2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Thank you, Casa!!!!
And Merry Christmas!!! 8)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:39 pm

eumumto2 wrote:Thank you, Casa!!!!
And Merry Christmas!!! 8)
You're welcome. Happy festivities :)
(Casa, not CR001)