ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre July 2012 spouse visa and ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohammedavais
Newly Registered

Pre July 2012 spouse visa and ILR

Post by mohammedavais » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Instead of making a new topic I thought i would just add to this one as its pretty much identical for my wifes situation.

She applied for a spouse visa before july 2012 and was granted the 27 month spouse visa. she couldnt pass the LIUK test in time so we had to apply for FLR(M) instead which is due to expire now on 7-2-2017.

She has completed the english b1 from trinity college and passed the LIUK test so no issues there now.

To astra555 I was under the impression that she now had to wait till FLR was within 28 days to finishing before applying for ILR, thats what I understood from the SET(M) application form anyway :? but im not sure! Thats the reason we didnt apply anyway, we plan to submit the new application next month

The query I have now is regarding maintenance:

I work full time, self employed Ltd company - taking around £900 wages per month
Wife works part time and takes £180 per month.

I basically give her £50 weekly for expenditure, she hasnt spent anything from her wages so her account has now around £6,000 but my bank statement doesnt show much saving, just wages going in, bills going out.

We live in my parents home so no rent or anything.

Reason I am asking is because in both her spouse and FLR applications I provided bank statements with savings but recently having bought a car I dont have much now, but she has £6000 saved up...

Is this enough to meet the requirement or are we in trouble? I dont think the £18,000+ requirement applies to us, just need to show "adequate maintenance".

Any feedback would be grately appreciated, as all other documents are up to date but just looking at my bank statements while putting everything together today got me worried! :oops:

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pre July 2012 spouse visa and ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:26 pm

I have split your post. It is rude to tag your query onto another members topic even if they are similar. It creates confusion when people respond.

There is no financial requirement for spouse visas issued before 9 July 2012. You have to prove adequate maintenance and accommodation.

Spouse can apply for ILR at anytime once they have passed the two tests.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohammedavais
Newly Registered

Post by mohammedavais » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks for the swift response & sorry for tagging!

Is there any info on what is adequate maintenance? any figures?

Thanks for clearing up the application timing, i understood it to be applicable from 28 days before current leave expiring. Could have applied a year ago and got it over and done with but oh well

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:11 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

astra555
Newly Registered

Post by astra555 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:19 am

Thanks for the reply CR001.

I could not find information on applying for ILR prior to completing the FLR period in writing anywhere. Do you know if there is anything official related to this in the Gov website?

My concern is that I apply for ILR but then it is rejected by the case worker claiming that I have not completed the full period of the extended visa.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:52 am

astra555 wrote:Thanks for the reply CR001.

I could not find information on applying for ILR prior to completing the FLR period in writing anywhere. Do you know if there is anything official related to this in the Gov website?

My concern is that I apply for ILR but then it is rejected by the case worker claiming that I have not completed the full period of the extended visa.

Thanks
This is not your topic or thread and it is unfair to the OP @mohammedavais to tag your question on here. This one is not a general discussion/question topic.

Please continue in your own thread where you are already receiving responses.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 22051.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.