ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about documents for JCAP application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Question about documents for JCAP application

Post by Nutmeg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:26 am

Hi all,

In January I will apply for naturalisation at my local NCS via the JCAP route (i.e. applying for passport and naturalisation at the same time).

I have a question: what additional documents do I need to bring to the appointment, on top of those that I need for the naturalisation application?

I know that I need to take three photos rather than one. Going through section 4 though, I am not sure whether I will have to bring the birth certificate of myself and/or of one of my parents, as well as their marriage certificate. I assume not so, because technically I would be a naturalised UK citizen, but the guidance booklet does not talk about the JCAP route.

Thanks all for the help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question about documents for JCAP application

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:39 pm

For naturalisation just bring the required documents.
For passport you do not need birth certificate or parents details as you are going trough naturalisation. You will only receive passport once you had your ceremony. HMPO guidance booklet is not designed for JCAP.
Photographs: one for AN, stick on the referee page and two for passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Re: Question about documents for JCAP application

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:For naturalisation just bring the required documents.
For passport you do not need birth certificate or parents details as you are going trough naturalisation. You will only receive passport once you had your ceremony. HMPO guidance booklet is not designed for JCAP.
Photographs: one for AN, stick on the referee page and two for passport.
Also make sure that the three photos are from the same sitting (I.e. the same photos).

Take a look at your NCS website (or google another one) - there is usually guidance on Bois to fill out the passport application form.