ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife married own brother to gain British citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Midas1661
Newly Registered

My wife married own brother to gain British citizenship

Post by Midas1661 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:52 am

MY WIFE's MARRIAGE FRAUD AND DECEPTION TO GAIN BRITISH CITIZENSHIP
I WANT TO REPORT MY WIFE TO HOME OFFICE FOR MARRIAGE FRAUD AND DECEPTION TO GAIN UK CITIZENSHIP.

My wife initially came to the UK as a visitor but went back to her home country to marry her biological brother who was already British citizen. My wife was granted spousal visa, then ILR and subsequently British citizenship. My wife divorced her brother after she was granted ILR. These happened between 2007 and 2010. My wife and her brother currently live in England.

(1) I met my wife in 2012 and we married in 2012, My wife had Indefinite Leave to Remain when we met in 2012.

(2) In 2012, I made application for Indefinite leave to Remain based on 14 years long residence - my wife supported my application with her Indefinite Leave to Remain.

(3) In 2013, My wife was granted British Citizenship. In 2014, My application for ILR was refused due to criminal records but I was granted 2.5 years LOTR (10 year route) based on our British child. .

(4) By 2016, We have had 2 British Citizen children due to my wife's British Citizenship. By 2016, I have been granted 2nd phase 2.5 years LOTR (10 year route).

(5) Me and my wife are locked in a bitter dispute over our matrimonial property because my wife gave me (without my request) my 50% share of deposit I contributed towards the purchase of our matrimonial home property: My wife would often ask me to leave our home and call Police on me to throw me out of our home - My wife would also threaten to "buy me out" of my 50% share of our home - I made a request to my wife that we should have a Deed of Trust on our home so my 50% share is protected - My wife kicked me out of our home, called Police on me, collected house keys from me and said she wanted to end our marriage.
My wife had agreed we should sign Deed of Trust on our home so I could "stop feeling insecure" BUT my wife was reluctant to sign Deed of Trust because she wanted option to me "buy you out" inserted. My name was not on the Mortgage because I had poor credit at the time property was purchased. I understand my wife can "buy me out" of my 50% share of our property but it would be based on current value. i.e my deposit + price increase = my 50% share.

(6) I AM ABOUT TO REPORT MY WIFE TO HOME OFFICE FOR MARRIAGE FRAUD AND DECEPTION TO GAIN UK CITIZENSHIP.
ADVICE! ADVICE!! ADVICE!!!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: My WIFE MARRIED HER own BROTHER To Gain BRITISH CITIZENS

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:11 am

noajthan

Re: My WIFE MARRIED HER own BROTHER To Gain BRITISH CITIZENS

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:24 am

The domestic/house matter is out of scope.

This sorry state of affairs may invite review of your ILR & etc. BIL's participation is questionable too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Re: My wife married own brother to gain British citizenship

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:00 pm

What she did is clearly wrong but it appears you are trying to do this because of the property and not for moral reasons.

Firstly be aware that your children''s citizenship is likely to be revoked and also your wife's following the investigation. This may affect your discretionary leave, may result in the mother possibly going to prison.

May result in you going to prison if the woman said you were aware of it all along and only decided to report her because she did not agree to your demands on the property issue.

With all the above in mind, you are most welcome to proceed with the report to the border crime team.
I wish you the very best.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Just to clarify, when you state "biological brother", do you mean that they share at least one parent? Or do you mean that they are cousins (share at least one grandparent or more distant ancestor)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:07 pm

With reference to deletion request:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... 99657.html
- this should be apparent to all new members who are required to read Board T&Cs on registering.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:11 pm

I am not sure if anyone on this thread requested deletion.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Obie wrote:I am not sure if anyone on this thread requested deletion.
Yes Obie, request came in recently, via Mod's control panel.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi midas1661,

please desist from abusing the forum reporting facilities.

I don't think anyone here is interested in your domestic advise.

We are simply giving you few home truth that is all.

Who know, you may come and thank the forum some day.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:46 pm

This sorry case serves as an exemplar that may go some way to explaining why UKVI and HO take such a rigorous and stringent approach to immigration and border control.

Such that the actions of a minority of selfish and/or misguided and (let's not beat about the bush) deceitful or even criminally-minded individuals can have an adverse impact on their law-abiding and more compliant co-guest workers and the wider migrant community.