ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Huzain
Newly Registered

Visa Extension

Post by Huzain » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Dear All,

I have query regarding visa extension for my sister and father-in-law. Can someone give me guidance or help as to how and who to approach?

My case is as following:

I had a traggic car accident on 23rd November'2007. Unfortunately my mother and my mother-in-law passed away on the same day because of sustained injuries. Luckily me, my wife and my 6 weeks old baby survived. My wife had a serious injuries and had a surgery same day. Garda and Immigration Officer help my father-in-law and my sister to enter IRELAND within 2 days of the death of my mother and mother-in-law. By the grace of god they attended funeral. GNIB has allow 3 months stay for my sister and my father-in-law. My wife has a second surgery in couple of weeks time and she will be in complete bed rest for atleast 6 weeks from then. I need someone stay home and take care of baby and my wife. As my sister is here would it be possible to get visa extension for her so that she can stay her for 2 months extra?

I approached GNIB, Investigating Garda Officers and they said they can't do anything now its upto Dept. of Justice to decide. Can anyone tell me whom, how to approach Dept. of Justice for this?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks. Regards.

Hussain

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 pm

If you are not an EU/EEA citizen and wish to stay in Ireland for longer than 3 months, you must seek permission to remain in Ireland. You must contact the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service through the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) or your local Garda District Headquarters. (See 'Where to apply' below). If you are not an EU/EEA citizen, you will also require a re-entry visa if you wish to leave Ireland and subsequently return. You can obtain this 'Re-entry Visa' from the Re-entry Visa Processing Office of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (see 'Where to apply') below. You can download the Re-entry Visa Application form under 'How to apply' below).

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, the Department of Foreign Affairs or any Irish embassy or consulate may ask for additional documentation at any stage of the process.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... ng_ireland