ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MET test

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raff113
Poland

MET test

Post by Raff113 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 am

Hi all.
My mum (EEA citizen) wants to apply for a PR. She has been self employed person for the past 5-6 years. For the first few years of her activity she did not earn much, well not enough to pass MET trst anyway. Since early 2015 things have improved and she started to get decent income.
Would HO apply MET test to the whole period of her self employment in this case she would fail) or rather they look at more recent months? Many thanks for yourhelp!

noajthan

Re: MET test

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:33 am

Raff113 wrote:Hi all.
My mum (EEA citizen) wants to apply for a PR. She has been self employed person for the past 5-6 years. For the first few years of her activity she did not earn much, well not enough to pass MET trst anyway. Since early 2015 things have improved and she started to get decent income.
Would HO apply MET test to the whole period of her self employment in this case she would fail) or rather they look at more recent months? Many thanks for yourhelp!
My understanding is MET came in in 2014 and started to be applied in immigration context; however some members seem to have reported the test has been applied even in previous years.

Failure to meet MET should not lead to an instant refusal, merely a further investigation of a particular case.
Any refusal on basis of MET could be challenged as, after all, it is not compliant with the cleaner, purer EU law.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.