ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single mother ILR application : Please help!!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ariesar
BANNED

Single mother ILR application : Please help!!!!

Post by Ariesar » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks this information is useful.
However following on the OP, what form should be used for the ILR application?
If SET(O), what category would an application for ILR fall under for a single parent(with FLR(FP)) who qualifies on a parent route?
Thanks for your help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Single mother ILR application : Please help!!!!

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 am

You haven't said whether you're on a 5 or a 10 year FLR(FP) route to settlement. SET(O) is for ILR, which you don't yet qualify for.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:48 pm

I am a little confused by the 5 or 10 year FLR(FP)? I believe I am on the 5 year route and just completed the 30months Leave to Remain. Does your earlier response still apply?
Also why doesn't one qualify?
Casa wrote:. SET(O) is for ILR, which you don't yet qualify for.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Because you only appear to have completed 30 months on your FLR(FP) visa. You can't combine it with the previous period of 30 months spent on your spouse visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Casa wrote:Because you only appear to have completed 30 months on your FLR(FP) visa. You can't combine it with the previous period of 30 months spent on your spouse visa.
Oh so the whole 60months has to be on the FLR(FP). Thanks I thought they could be combined as I had seen people in other visa categories being able to do so :(

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 am

Ariesar wrote:
Casa wrote:Because you only appear to have completed 30 months on your FLR(FP) visa. You can't combine it with the previous period of 30 months spent on your spouse visa.
Oh so the whole 60months has to be on the FLR(FP). Thanks I thought they could be combined as I had seen people in other visa categories being able to do so :(
They can - for the purposes of ILR under the 10 year long residence route - but that obviously requires 10 years of legal residence.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:49 am

Split question from original OP's original case in order to avoid further confusion.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Can I ask why I have been assigned this post? This is not my post and was originally posted by someone else! Please amend!

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:43 pm

noajthan wrote:Split question from original OP's original case in order to avoid further confusion.
So where is OP's initial post?
I tried to start my own post and Casa locked that and asked for the question to be directed here! I don't know why it would be assumed that the author of both posts are one and the same. I am not the original poster and the initial post should not have been removed.
If you think my subsequent posts are unrelated then let me know!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Ariesar wrote:
noajthan wrote:Split question from original OP's original case in order to avoid further confusion.
So where is OP's initial post?
I tried to start my own post and Casa locked that and asked for the question to be directed here! I don't know why it would be assumed that the author of both posts are one and the same. I am not the original poster and the initial post should not have been removed.
If you think my subsequent posts are unrelated then let me know!
You tagged onto someone else's topic. The one in which you said:
However following on the OP ...
Confusing.

So your question has been now moved here.
Continue here.
Simple as that.

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Thanks , any chance you could delete my profile? I have not been able to find an option to do so and do not want to be a member on this board any more. Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:58 pm

I do hope that during your short time with us you've received worthwhile free advice that has saved you from losing your ILR application fee. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Casa wrote:I do hope that during your short time with us you've received worthwhile free advice that has saved you from losing your ILR application fee. :idea:
On the contrary NO! I find the responses received so far rather obnoxious and arrogant!
Also I am surprised I do not have the option to alter my user details or delete my profile. Surely data protection does not allow you to keep these information especially if I don't want it there. Perhaps I should find a better forum to help me deal with a potential case here!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:07 pm

On the contrary, you've been given correct advice. You cannot combine previous leave as a spouse with your FLR(FP) and will need to complete a full 5 year period on your current visa before qualifying for ILR.

We currently have 118,117 members registered on the forum. As they saying goes ..you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time

As noajthan has advised, post in the thread in the link you've been given and you can request your account to be de-activated. I hope everything works out well for you.
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Ariesar wrote:On the contrary NO! I find the responses received so far rather obnoxious and arrogant!
Also I am surprised I do not have the option to alter my user details or delete my profile. Surely data protection does not allow you to keep these information especially if I don't want it there. Perhaps I should find a better forum to help me deal with a potential case here!
Whichever forum you frequent you would be advised to get up to speed with how things are done; start by reading the Board T&Cs before dipping a toe in the water rather than sticking a proverbial foot in it.

Beware of expecting a false sense of security and entitlement which is certainly not how the harsh and unforgiving world of UKVI and UK immigration operates.

Ariesar
BANNED

Post by Ariesar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks again for the non advice that I already am confident about and stop trying to make people feel they don't know anything about UKVI or Immigration laws. Your advice would never have been sufficient for me to make a case if I was going to apply. I would seek out someone qualified in the area if required!
You've given your 2pence and I have thanked you more than enough. I don't have to take yours for the final truth as indeed if you know how the UKVI works, you would agree!
Once again thanks but no thanks, delete my profile!