ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application and Fixed deposits in NRE bank account

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jabraham
Newly Registered

ILR application and Fixed deposits in NRE bank account

Post by Jabraham » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi, I am currently on Tier 2 - general visa and will be eligible for filing ILR in next 6 months. I want to know that having fixed deposits in NRE bank account with an Indian bank can impact assessment of application for ILR? The reason because I came to know that any income generated through investment should be taxed and if taxed not paid to HMRC theen it can impact negativeely on visa application. I got fixed deposits in indian currency in a bank under NRE bank account for which I earn interest but I am not filing any tax for this interest earned. Should this be an issue while applying for ILR? Please advise.

noajthan

Re: ILR application and Fixed deposits in NRE bank account

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Moved to appropriate forum: ILR
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.