ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension questions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Extension questions

Post by Ali272 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi,

I successfully received my initial Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa few weeks ago but I'm already worried about extension and rules changes. So my question is does future rules changes affect me or I'm fine as long as I satisfy current extension requirements that my visa was approved for? For example, Let's say HO changes rules in 2017 or 2018 and increases the number of employees required from 2 to 4 or imposes some industry restrictions or any other major changes such as minimum employee' salary? Would those rules changes affect someone who got visa in 2016?

I just want to have a peace of mind so I can fully focus on my business.

Many Thanks

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Extension questions

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Normally, whenever there is any major changes in rules they do offer "transitional arrangements" for those who received it in particular dates.(Like for those before 06.04.2014,which includes myself,,still mix of jobs allowed) but no body can guarantee you that there will definitely be " Transitional arrangements" and new rules will not affect you, It is your responsibility to keep yourself updated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Your worries are unfounded as HO been mostly fair in their treatment of migrants after major rule changes.
Any potentially major rule change will probably not affect you, your extension criteria mostly should remain the same.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Great, Thank you Zimba.