ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ted

What application

Post by Ted » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:59 pm

My wife is from Vietnam and has just recently extended her stay in the UK for another two and a half year she has leave to remain and now holds a bio metric card, she is permitted to work but cannot take UK benefits.

My question is: My wife wants to arrange a visit to the UK for her mother who is living in Vietnam, she will only be visiting for around 2 months, could somebody please tell us which form to use to apply for the visa, I do find the uk website quiet confusing.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: What application

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Standard Visitor Visa
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

Your mother-in-law will have to submit evidence of strong ties to her home country in order to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that she won't overstay her visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Casa wrote:Standard Visitor Visa
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

Your mother-in-law will have to submit evidence of strong ties to her home country in order to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that she won't overstay her visa.
Hi Casa,

Well her mother is retired, her ties are she has another daughter and son and two grand children in Veitnam and also owns a house, do you think this is sufficient for her to get a visa, we will supply the accommodation and other daily expenses.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 pm

She should submit documented evidence of property and family ties, together with proof of income even though you are sponsoring her visit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Casa wrote:She should submit documented evidence of property and family ties, together with proof of income even though you are sponsoring her visit.
Thanks Casa, I will let my wife know. :)

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:03 pm

I would like to clarify something as my wife is still not sure what form to use.

My wife has spouse/partner leave to remain and she has been here for two and a half years and has just had it extended for another two and a half years.

There seems to be two forms:.

Family visitor VAF 1B December 2012 form is the correct form.

VISIT AND SHORT TERM STAY (VAF1A APRIL 2015).

My wife is not permanently settled.

Could somebody please explain.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:19 pm

There is only one form as far as I am aware (online). It is a standard visitor visa.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa?utm_so ... apply-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.