ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa extension form flr late - what should I do?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xen
Newly Registered

Post by xen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello

I've filled in DH's application to extend the 2 year marriage settlement visa. (He hasn't got his english and citizenship requirement yet so we can't go for ILR. I'm working on getting together the paperwork for that now - its a bit full on! :P )

I had mis-read the notes thinking it said you had to send the form in not more than 4 weeks before his current visa runs out. I've just re-read it and it actually says at least 4 weeks before current visa ends. Oops - dumb mistake!

His current visa finishes 28Jan. Post Office is closed now so earliest I can send it is tomorrow morning

Should I write some sort of grovelling letter apologising for the late form? Should I try to give excuses? Or just say "oops, sorry". Or should I just send it in like normal and hope it doesn't matter?

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:34 am

Don't worry. I think he should be okay under the Immigration Rules (paragraph 285 with reference to 284(i)).

Moreover,
Extend your visa wrote:If you wish to apply to extend your visa, you must do so before your existing visa expires.
is probably more important.

Always keep proof of posting.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.