ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal in current country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sacoopz
Newly Registered

Illegal in current country

Post by sacoopz » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:14 pm

I am British and I am hoping to get married this year to a lady of Mexican descent, who currently lives in the USA. The problem is, she was taken to the USA by her parents at the age of 11 and her visa expired years ago and she is illegal. We plan on getting married in the USA and then coming to England. Will her situation have any bearing on her being granted permission to live and work in the UK???

usauk62
Newly Registered

re: overstay in USA

Post by usauk62 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi
I've been in the USA now 7 yrs from the UK and here in Florida, land of illegal immigrants I will warn you as of Jan 1rst the INS is severely clamping down on illegals..having recently just here rounded up over 300 at 1 company employing them, also they are clamping down on employers...beware.
As far as her situation causing problems down the line there in the UK I wouldnt see why it would if she was able to be legalized here in the states.
There are many free solicitor services that can be used here for people in her situation that I am sure she would benefit from, in order to come there she will either have to sort her overstay in the USA out or return to where she or her family came from originally , I'm sure a solicitor could work it out as I just saw a mate of mine go through it with his overstayed/illegal Venezualan GF.

G' Luck to you both