ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study on Tier 2 Dependent or Tier 4

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geminishaa
Newly Registered

Study on Tier 2 Dependent or Tier 4

Post by geminishaa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT long term Dependent visa. I am planning to pursue a course for one year starting from September 2017.

I am not sure if I require a Tier 4 visa for doing the course or my Tier 2 ICT Long term dependent visa will do the needful.

Also in case I started my course with Tier 2 ICT Long term dependent visa and if my partner have to leave the country to go back to home country before my course ends, do I need to apply for Tier 4 after that, and can it be applied while staying in UK or I have to leave the course in between and come back with Tier 4 visa.

Many Thanks
Nisha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Study on Tier 2 Dependent or Tier 4

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:33 pm

geminishaa wrote:Hello

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT long term Dependent visa. I am planning to pursue a course for one year starting from September 2017.

I am not sure if I require a Tier 4 visa for doing the course or my Tier 2 ICT Long term dependent visa will do the needful. You can study on a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa.

Also in case I started my course with Tier 2 ICT Long term dependent visa and if my partner have to leave the country to go back to home country before my course ends, do I need to apply for Tier 4 after that, and can it be applied while staying in UK or I have to leave the course in between and come back with Tier 4 visa. If your husband leaves, your visa becomes invalid. I am not sure if you can apply for a new Tier 4 midway through a course. You might have difficulty getting a university to issue a CaS for you to continue studying. Tier 4 you need to apply from home country for entry clearance.

Many Thanks
Nisha
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Is the length of your current leave as Tier 2 dependent long enough to cover your time if you were studying? Technically you can be a student or work (with some restriction as doctor/dentist) under your Tier 2 dependent leave.

Tier 4 student visa has its own requirements and only certain education providers are able to offer it so might be worth first exploring with the provider you wish to study with. You would need to apply the Tier 4 visa from your home country in your situation if you had to.

geminishaa
Newly Registered

Post by geminishaa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:09 am

gag285 wrote:Is the length of your current leave as Tier 2 dependent long enough to cover your time if you were studying? Technically you can be a student or work (with some restriction as doctor/dentist) under your Tier 2 dependent leave. : Yes my Visa validity covers the time I wish to study in UK. But since I am on a dependent Visa, if my partner's project ends before my course ends, he is asked to go back to home country and so do I need to leave the country within a month of his departure. So I am not sure should I start the course with Tier 4 visa or Tier 2 visa and change the visa status (if possible) in between the course in case required.

Tier 4 student visa has its own requirements and only certain education providers are able to offer it so might be worth first exploring with the provider you wish to study with. You would need to apply the Tier 4 visa from your home country in your situation if you had to.