ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling for 1 mth after NCS Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theroyale

Travelling for 1 mth after NCS Naturalisation application

Post by theroyale » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 pm

I've just applied via the NCS today, and only realised after reading their receipt that there is a call for Biometrics that will happen in the next few weeks. But I'm due to be away for a period of 4 weeks.

My partner will be able to check/open my post and let me know - so that's not a problem.

However I'm wondering whether there is leeway on when you can get the Biometrics done? Is this a strict 15 day limit? Has anyone called up the helpline and asked for extra time because they are out of the country?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Travelling for 1 mth after NCS Naturalisation applicatio

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:18 pm

If you miss 15 day window you will get a final letter with a 10 day window. After that its game over.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 pm

noajthan wrote:If you miss 15 day window you will get a final letter with a 10 day window. After that its game over.
Good to know, thanks!

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am

Just to confirm that I did miss the window with the first letter and "took the risk" of getting biometrics done only on the second letter. There was no significant delay or issues because of this. I got my citizenship approved within 8 weeks after the biometrics.