ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subsisting Relationship and Communication

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bwhope

Subsisting Relationship and Communication

Post by bwhope » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:27 am

Does it matter what communicatin method you use to talk to your sppouse?

Me and my wife were using just whatsapp to make calls send message and photos for like 10 months. I went to visit her in her home country and since coming back we ve also made lebara calls, skype videoo calls, sent emails, e cards, what im worried about is that when I go to apply I only have last 8 months of things suchh as skype video calls history and screenshots since we started using that later but I have whatsapp call and chat history gooing all the way back to the start of our relationship, will this be okay as I can show that we have always stayed in touch, every day

bwhope

Re: Subsisting Relationship and Communication

Post by bwhope » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:57 am

When its time to apply I will have last :
18 months of whatsapp call and chat history
8 months of skype video call screenshots and call history
8 months of emails and evidence of e cards
8 months of lebara call history
Birthday cards exchanged between us

Does this seem okay for communication evidence guys? The whatsapp history goes all the way back to start of our relationship. We did use skype as much as whatsapp but history only goes back 8 months :(

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 am

I don't think the platform used for communication matters as long as you can demonstrate regular contact that shows a subsisting relationship from the start.

Me and my hubby submitted evidence of FB chats and calls, Whatsapp, emails, text messages, phone call records, cards and gifts sent. As long as screen shots show both names and evidence covers the period of the relationship it should be fine.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

bwhope

Post by bwhope » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Did all your evidence go back to the start of your relatiinship? When did you apply?

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 pm

We only had evidence from FB messenger from the start but over the 2 year period we had evidence from Whatsapp, phone calls and text messages from when he came to UK as a visitor, emails that we sent that contained important info (so it didnt get lost in pages of FB chat). ECO likely wont care what platform the evidence is from, new apps become available and are more reliable/have better features so naturally people switch to these.

We applied in NZ in August and visa was approved in Sept.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.