ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen in UK since 5 years ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

berdavid88
Newly Registered

EU citizen in UK since 5 years ago

Post by berdavid88 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi,

I came to the UK in November 2012. Started to work straight.
Got my first payslip in December and my first bank statement in January 2013.
I was working all the time, during the years,
I was unemployed only for two months, but I have been here in the country,
there are transaction stated in my bank statement for that period.
The only thing is that I lost 2-3 payslips and I do not have all my P60s either.
I think one missing. Otherwise I have all the payslips and bank statements for all the period.
I was trying to get them, but seems like impossible as my previous employer does not have it.
My question is that will I be able to apply for permanent residency in January 2018?
If I will do that, do I have to prove a year later again all the 6 years or just the last year,
in order to apply for British citizenship? Also There are some payslips that I have received online,
so I just printed them out. Will they consider as original ones or I have to ask new ones with signature from my previous employer ?

Your sincerely,
David

genorp

Re: EU citizen in UK since 5 years ago

Post by genorp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 pm

As an EU citizen exercising treaty rights you automatically attain permanent resident status after 5 years. There's nothing to apply for.
However, if you intend on applying for citizenship after being a permanent resident for 12 months, it may make the application easier if you have the proof. You can get that by applying for that proof from here:
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence

noajthan

Re: EU citizen in UK since 5 years ago

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Naturalisation will fail if an EEA citizen (on EU migration route) does not submit DCPR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.