ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aa123

Appeals

Post by aa123 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:28 pm

If i need to appeal after a refusal of a spouse visa,do i need to high a solicitor before i submit the appeals form to the AIT or can i submit the form myself and include the necessary documents and then wait to see the outcome and then high a solicitor

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:46 pm

theres no reason to suggest why you have to hire a solicitor before or after a refusal or appeal.
Although i suggest from experience that you do gain some legal advice before submitting the appeal forms to AIT.
sometimes an appeal is pointless and you could be waiting at least 26weeks for nothing in the end and an adviser would be able to judge the pros an cons of appealing.
The solicitor or lawyer can just give you some guidance in the
right direction if not as a representitive as can immigration advisors at your nearest citizens advice bureaux or welfare rights + it might be worth contacting your facial EQUALITY COUNCIL for further advice on the appeal process and the stuff you need to have a strong case! ( all of the above do not normally require a fee for advising,although a small donation is greatly appreciated.obviously the majority of solicitors + immigration lawyers do incur a fee!)

HOPEFULLY IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END.

good luck to you and hope all goes well. to find an adviser go to

www.oisc.gov.uk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
ChAnGe WhAt YoU cAn AcCePt WhAt YoU cAnT