ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent Residence Card Help pls ( claiming benefit )

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

EEA Permanent Residence Card Help pls ( claiming benefit )

Post by oOCasperOo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi Can some one help me please I'm British citizen. My wife who is from Hungary is applying for EEA permanent residence card we have 2 kids 2gether 2 year old and 8 month old. I want to know which benefits she is allowed to claim in order for her application not to be refused she has been here from 2009 and she was working up to end of 2013 ( not claiming any benefits ) When we met she become my carer and continues to be my carer as I have sever mobility issues. I'm disabled and she is my carer so she is claiming Carers allowance as well as child benefit and child tax credit ( which is on both of our names )

My question is.

1. Is she allowed to claim child benefit and child tax credit.
2. Is she allowed to claim carers allowance for looking after me.
3. Does claiming carers allowance classed as she is working ?
4. Which benefits is she allowed to claim in order for her EEA Permanent Residence Card not to be effected?

Thank you guys for any help you can provide.

ecogle1976

Re: EEA Permanent Residence Card Help pls ( claiming benefit

Post by ecogle1976 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi,
Benefits won't stop your clock towards your wife PR. If she gets carer allowance to take care of you then it should be treated as income. But PR based on 5 years treat rights as a qualified person , as long as she has worked or self employed or studied ( provided she had Sickness insurance) or even as job seeker would be sufficient, on top of that she should not exceed more than 6 months absence from UK.

As far I know, I have given the answers, but again some one who got high level knowledge in EEA regulations will confirm this.

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Permanent Residence Card Help pls ( claiming benefit

Post by oOCasperOo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 am

Thank you ecogle1976

I rang up EEA helpline and they said same thing benefits do not affect it.