ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srams123
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by srams123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi

I am eligible for ILR settlement (5 years on Tier 2 General work Visa route) in Apr 2017.
1.which application should I fill in?
2.what documents do I need to submit?

My wife is currently on Tier 2 dependent visa (switched to dependent visa in Mar 2014).My understanding is that she is not qualified to apply for ILR yet .

3. Under which visa category can she extend her stay?
4. Do I have to produce any account maintenance statements to support her application?
5. I am planning to apply using the same day service.Can I submit the application (mine and wife's) on the same day?

thnx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:18 pm

srams123 wrote:Hi

I am eligible for ILR settlement (5 years on Tier 2 General work Visa route) in Apr 2017.
1.which application should I fill in? Set(O)
2.what documents do I need to submit? Read the form and guidance notes.

My wife is currently on Tier 2 dependent visa (switched to dependent visa in Mar 2014).My understanding is that she is not qualified to apply for ILR yet .

3. Under which visa category can she extend her stay? She can stay on her current visa and extend it till she qualifies for ILR
4. Do I have to produce any account maintenance statements to support her application? Yes
5. I am planning to apply using the same day service.Can I submit the application (mine and wife's) on the same day? Yes, two separate appointments, hers a couple of hours after yours.

thnx
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srams123
Newly Registered

Post by srams123 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:41 am

Hi

Appreciate your quick reply.

However I have one more query probably I should have made it clear earlier.

Even though I am qualified for ILR in Apr, my current Tier 2 Gen visa is valid until Oct 2017 which means my wife's dependent visa status is valid until Oct 2017 as well.If I change I change mine to ILR in Apr does she have to switch hers to ILR dep or can she continue on her current visa until it expires?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 am

srams123 wrote:If I change I change mine to ILR in Apr does she have to switch hers to ILR dep NO!

or can she continue on her current visa until it expires? Yes, she will aget a 3 year extension as PBS dependent.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 14832.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srams123
Newly Registered

Post by srams123 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:57 am

Hi

Slightly confused now :)

I thought
when I switch to ILR my Tier 2 gen visa gets cancelled as so my wife's dependent visa becomes invalid as well?
and whenever main applicant switches their visa so should the dependent?

Its just we are planning to travel in June/July and don't want any issues upon return.

Also do we have to wait until her visa expires to extend her visa or can she do that once I get ILR?

thnx

be123+

Post by be123+ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:17 am

I thought
when I switch to ILR my Tier 2 gen visa gets cancelled as so my wife's dependent visa becomes invalid as well?

Its just we are planning to travel in June/July and don't want any issues upon return.

Also do we have to wait until her visa expires to extend her visa or can she do that once I get ILR?

thnx
No. your dependant will have to apply under spouse but until then, her visa is valid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 am

be123+ wrote:[No. your dependant will have to apply under spouse but until then, her visa is valid.
Please refrain from giving incorrect advice. The PBS dependent DOES NOT have to switch to FLR(M) ILR dependent if the main Tier 2 visa holder gets ILR based on 5 years residence. PBS dependent can continue on existing visa and apply for extension. Read the link I have posted, which has links to the immigration rules stating this.

The PBS Dependent ONLY has to switch if the PBS migrant gets ILR based on 10 years long residence
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 am

I thought

thnx
Have you clicked on the link I provided which gives you an explanation and links to the immigration rules which permit her to remain on her current visa path.

You will be fine to travel.

She can apply same day as you or shortly before her visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srams123
Newly Registered

Post by srams123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi

Apologies.I have a few more queries...

Do I need to produce evidence of continuous employment for the last 5 yrs?I have worked under 3 different employers in the last 5 yrs and don not have all the payslips or P45s.

thnx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:05 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)