ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics - accents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

applicant_tom
Newly Registered

Biometrics - accents

Post by applicant_tom » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi,

My middle is spelled with a letter that has an accent (polish 'l'). Each time Home Office sent my a letter (including DCPR) it always printed my name without the accent, well because there are no accents in english language. I'm fine with it, not a biggie as long as we're consistent.

Question is reg. biometrics - I'm sure that if HO sends me a letter to do biometrics, my name will be without the accent. My passport has the accent printed obviously. I'm wondering whether post office can refuse to do the biometrics on the basis of this middle name mismatch ?

Maybe I'm over-reacting here. On the other hand, I've been let down on various occasions when dealing with post office that this particular issue really preoccupies my mind.

Obviously no accent on LIUK and language certificates.

What's your opinion about it ?

Cheers,
Tom

Angie77

Re: Biometrics - accents

Post by Angie77 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:30 pm

I've just noticed that my name also was missing accent. :lol: I enrolled biometrics last week without any hassle .
Neither of my previous issued residency permits had accent on my name. There should be no problem.

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:00 am

Do not worry, you are overthinking this
I am Polish too and my name has one letter with accent as well never had issues throughout the naturalisation process, neither with HO nor with the HM Passport Office for that matter. Good luck :)

applicant_tom
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_tom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks guys, I'm clearly over thinking this!