ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply For EEA RC when my current visa expired?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veasta
Newly Registered

Can I apply For EEA RC when my current visa expired?

Post by veasta » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi guys,

I have read many top topics and posts in the section. But still feel confused about my situation. Just a simple question. My scenario is I'm holding a tier4 student visa until 21st Jan. My partner(Spanish) and I (Non-EEA) will get married at 17th Jan. Now I just realised it will be very tight for me to apply the resident card before my visa expired. Can I apply for it after my current visa expired? Do I have legal right to live in the UK after I become a family member of a EEA?
I really appreciate your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply For EEA RC when my current visa expired?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Have you been given permission by HO to marry after registering your intent at an HO approved Registry office?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

CR001 wrote:Have you been given permission by HO to marry after registering your intent at an HO approved Registry office?
Hi, there,
Yes, we have been given permission after we gave the notice to our local council. And the wedding ceremony will be on 17th Jan which is more than 28 days as the HO asked.(We have been exempted for genuine investigation).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 pm

veasta wrote:Hi guys,

Can I apply for it after my current visa expired? Do I have legal right to live in the UK after I become a family member of a EEA?
RC is optional - there is no need to apply for one (although it is useful - probably more so nowadays what with Brexit looming).

Yes, if sponsor is a qualified or settled person (in EU context).
You can reside, work, study in UK.
Viva free movement!

So relax and have a lovely day.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:23 pm

noajthan wrote:
veasta wrote:Hi guys,

Can I apply for it after my current visa expired? Do I have legal right to live in the UK after I become a family member of a EEA?
RC is optional - there is no need to apply for one (although it is useful - probably more so nowadays what with Brexit looming).

Yes, if sponsor is a qualified or settled person (in EU context).
You can reside, work, study in UK.
Viva free movement!

So relax and have a lovely day.
Thank you so much Noajthan. Quite relief now!