ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joly25
Newly Registered

Refusal Letter

Post by Joly25 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi dear Gurus and especially Zambia.
Need your help I got refusal letter today morning I applied my tier1 extension:
Applied=march2016
Interview =June 2016
Refusal letter=11/01/2017
It was a 50k case reason for refusal is no point awarded for investment because I made a mistake I bought a commercial property in 2013 from my personal account which is worth about £24000 because it's a shared premises I am using my share as my company office.Rest of the amount I invested as a director loan which is accepted as investment but last year when I realise this point my application was posted after that for backup I have transfer that property to company's name which is company's asste now.
My question is as I am going for AR is it ok to explain the situation in AR and what will be chances of success as I have land record documents under company's name?
Thanks in advance for your important comments.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Re: Refusal Letter

Post by Jazz2007 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Joly25 wrote:Hi dear Gurus and especially Zambia.
Applied=march2016
Interview =June 2016
It was a 50k case reason for refusal is no point awarded for investment because I made a mistake I bought a commercial property in 2013 from my personal account which is worth about £24000 because it's a shared premises I am using my share as my company office.Rest of the amount I invested as a director loan which is accepted as investment but last year when I realise this point my application was posted after that for backup I have transfer that property to company's name which is company's asste now.
My question is as I am going for AR is it ok to explain the situation in AR and what will be chances of success as I have land record documents under company's name?
According to Policy Guidance

98.If you have bought property for your business which includes residential accommodation, we will not accept the value of this part of the property as investment in the business. The value of this part of the property should be deducted from the amount of your investment.
[/b]

In your case the property bought by you is from your personal account which means its your property not company's.

Also, If its transferred to your company name then,

Invested or spent by the applicant’s business excludes spending on all of the
following:
• their own remuneration
• buying the business from a previous owner, where the money ultimately goes
to that previous owner (irrespective of whether it is received or held directly or
indirectly by that previous owner) rather than into the business being purchased
- this applies regardless of whether the money is channelled through the
business en route to the previous owner, for example by means of the applicant
or business purchasing ‘goodwill’ or other assets which were previously part of
the business
• investing in businesses (other than those the migrant is running as selfemployed
or as a director)
• any spending which is not directly for the purpose of establishing or running
their own business or businesses.

In my opinion, If you are claiming these money i.e, 24k as a investment then its not counted in any case.

You can apply for AR and explain your side to buy some time for Fresh Application to complete 50k investment.

Zimba...please correct me if i am wrong.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Applied=march2016
Interview =June 2016
It was a 50k case reason for refusal is no point awarded for investment because I made a mistake I bought a commercial property in 2013 from my personal account which is worth about £24000 because it's a shared premises.

Welcome.

Unclear on what grounds you can apply for AR as caseworker appears to have applied guidance correctly for the circumstance you have described.
This seems to be a case of applicant error rather than a caseworker's administrative or procedural error or omission.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pauljohnson

Post by pauljohnson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Hello,

I think you should lend £24,000.00 to the company as Director loan ASAP and re apply.

Did you get IHS Refund ?

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Applied=march2016
Interview =June 2016

Sorry about your refusal . Its going to be hard one as I believe your current leave might has expired by now since you applied in march . All the investment has to done within your Initial T1 leave . You can buy some time with AR but out come of AR might come negative . if you made any investment while your valid leave even after you have applied for Ext can be considered as investment. I am not 100% sure on this but wait for gurus opinions . Good Luck
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Sadly almost every refusal on this forum shows applicant's failure to read the official guidance. I am astonished that so many did NOT even read the guide once :?
As clearly stated in the guide, your money must be invested during your initial period of leave either as unsecured director's loan or via share capital and directly to your business, BEFORE being spent. You need to send evidence of this to score points for investment.

You clearly failed to inject the money to your business before spending it, evidence of which is crucial to scoring points. Even if you transferred the property to your business, there is still no evidence that the funds were invested. I am not sure you will be able to claim investment points.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Joly25
Newly Registered

Post by Joly25 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi Zambia thanks for your valuable comment I am very upset please advise me for next step I will be very thank full to you.

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 pm

dint c any gud news since after christmas

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Kindly invest £24k again in business and apply for fresh application.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:33 pm

zimba88 wrote:Sadly almost every refusal on this forum shows applicant's failure to read the official guidance. I am astonished that so many did NOT even read the guide once :?
As clearly stated in the guide, your money must be invested during your initial period of leave either as unsecured director's loan or via share capital and directly to your business, BEFORE being spent. You need to send evidence of this to score points for investment.

You clearly failed to inject the money to your business before spending it, evidence of which is crucial to scoring points. Even if you transferred the property to your business, there is still no evidence that the funds were invested. I am not sure you will be able to claim investment points.
Zimba88...Do you mean if OP Injects required funds into the business via DL or Share Capital before Fresh Application is not going to help him.

My Understanding is OP is in Initial Leave until Fresh application
(i.e, 28 days(Application Before 24th Nov 16) from refusal)

Please shed some light on this

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Joly25 wrote:Hi Zambia thanks for your valuable comment I am very upset please advise me for next step I will be very thank full to you.
I suggest to invest 50K in the business in cash and prepare a interim account if you can, while you buy some time with your AR in process. There is no guarantee that such investment will be accepted as your investment must be done during initial period but you can try anyway. As I said above, you failed to invest during your initial and to be honest your chances of getting an extension are slim.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 pm

This is what is in policy guide and according to this investment must be in in your last grant of leave .

Page 44
"A. You have invested, or had invested on your behalf, not less than £200,000 (or
£50,000 if, in your last grant of leave, you were awarded points for funds of £50,000)
directly into one or more businesses in the UK."
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

Joly25
Newly Registered

Post by Joly25 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks Zambia and all others for your support if I invest that
£24000 in cash during AR and make fresh application
Before getting any outcome of AR is this investment not consider in initial leave?thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Zimba88...Do you mean if OP Injects required funds into the business via DL or Share Capital before Fresh Application is not going to help him.

My Understanding is OP is in Initial Leave until Fresh application
(i.e, 28 days(Application Before 24th Nov 16) from refusal)

Please shed some light on this
No, your initial leave period is over when your initial leave expires. Section 3C period after that just allows you to stay/work here until your in-time application is processed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Joly25 wrote:Thanks Zambia and all others for your support if I invest that
£24000 in cash during AR and make fresh application
Before getting any outcome of AR is this investment not consider in initial leave?thanks
As I understand from the rules, your initial period is over. So no probably it will not be accepted but you can try as you have no other choice :?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 pm

zimba88 wrote:Sadly almost every refusal on this forum shows applicant's failure to read the official guidance. I am astonished that so many did NOT even read the guide once :?

+1

Another reason behind the proof of English requirement for T1.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.