ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Experienced worker pay threshold change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jtobin
Newly Registered

URGENT: Salary limited by COS?

Post by jtobin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello, in brief my question is: Will the salary listed on my COS submitted by my employer for a 3-year visa limit my opportunities for salary increase over the three years?

My SOC code does not have an upper salary limit. My employer is about to issue a new COS for me to extend my Tier 2 visa under the same SOC code. Will the salary stated on my COS at this point indicate what I will be paid over the next three years, or will I still be able to receive salary increases over that time?

Thanks in advance!

jtobin
Newly Registered

URGENT: Experienced worker pay threshold change

Post by jtobin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Good afternoon,

I will soon have my Tier 2 visa extended for a three-year period. This will go into effect by February 2017. Since the experienced worker pay threshold will rise to £30,000 in April 2017, will the salary stated in my COS need to meet or exceed that threshold, or will my salary threshold still be held to the previous limit of £25,000 for the three years of my new visa?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT: Experienced worker pay threshold change

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Any changes made to policies like these will not affect retrospectively. So you should be fine.