ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

U.K. Passport application missing documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

projectile
Newly Registered

U.K. Passport application missing documents

Post by projectile » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:26 am

Hi all,
I got my naturalisation done and applied for uk passport by post.

But in hurry to get it done quickly I forgot to attach my naturalisation certificate.

So I have received a letter from home office to send the naturalisation certificate and they have also asked for full birth certificate with parents details.

I can send naturalisation certificate to them, but I do not have a full birth certificate.
I was Indian citizen and I never submitted my full birth certificate to home office ever during earlier visa applications.
In India passport is used to verify date of birth and it also contains parents name.

I am worried how to respond to home office that I do not have a birth certificate with me.

Pls help.

Regards
Prashant

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: U.K. Passport application missing documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

Is the name you put in the form the same as the name in your foreign passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

projectile
Newly Registered

Post by projectile » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:38 am

Hi,

Yes the name is same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:43 am

That is the only reason I can think that they would ask for birth cert.

Suggest send naturalisation cert and explain you do not have access to a full birth cert but that your parents details are listed in your passport. Also state that parents details are not relevant as you are applying for BC PP via naturalisation and not by descent through parents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.