ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

minimum no of hours for job (post april 2014 tier 1 visa)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amnaali03

minimum no of hours for job (post april 2014 tier 1 visa)

Post by amnaali03 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Hi,
First of all sorry from admins if i started a new thread. Actually i searched the forum before, but could not get satisfactory answer, so started new thread.

I got visa in August 2014, Tier 1, 50K.

My question is how many hours we require for a specific job? Its 30h/week or 120h/month or any othese? I have two employees from april 2016, their hours are more than 120/month, but in some they are 126 and 132/month. Is there requirement to be 1560h in a year, a full time job with 30h/week?

As in guide line and application form, they say 30h per week / 120h per month will be consider a full time job.

I shall be thankfull for above clarification.

Regards and thanks all in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: minimum no of hours for job (post april 2014 tier 1 visa

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:47 pm

For a single job, you require 52 weeks of full time work which is set at min of 30 hours a week as per EU laws. Anything worked over 30 hours in a week is ignored.
Total hours is not an important factor because you can have an employee for 6 months and 60 hours a week which gives you 1560 hours but it is not acceptable as the hours were not created over 52 weeks.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:06 pm

zimba88 wrote:For a single job, you require 52 weeks of full time work which is set at min of 30 hours a week as per EU laws. Anything worked over 30 hours in a week is ignored.
Total hours is not an important factor because you can have an employee for 6 months and 60 hours a week which gives you 1560 hours but it is not acceptable as the hours were not created over 52 weeks.
Hi Zimba, thanks for your reply. Can you please also calrify that can we consider 120h/month a full time job as in application form and policy guide line?
Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Rules do not say anything about 120 hours a month. As I demonstrated above, you must maintain 2 full time positions for at least a year. IGNORE the total hours worked.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 pm

zimba88 wrote:Rules do not say anything about 120 hours a month. As I demonstrated above, you must maintain 2 full time positions for at least a year. IGNORE the total hours worked.
Hi Zimba, thanks for clarification. One more question plz (although i will talk my accountant tomorrow about it), the salary slips for Dec 2016 shows 126h,should be 132h if we calculate 30h/week. This is due to one holiday for my employees during christmas. Can we sort it now and report to HMRC and pay them extra 6h pay? Its mid of January, is it legally possible now?
Thanks for your help, not for me, but also others members who need help and guidance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:08 pm

As I repeated several times, the hours worked are IRRELEVANT if the position is full time. Monthly salary slips almost never show hours worked.
To score points you need to put ONLY the period of employment and the hourly rate on the form. There is no requirement to enter the hours worked.
If you had a full time position for 52 weeks you are good.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 pm

zimba88 wrote:As I repeated several times, the hours worked are IRRELEVANT if the position is full time. Monthly salary slips almost never show hours worked.
To score points you need to put ONLY the period of employment and the hourly rate on the form. There is no requirement to enter the hours worked.
If you had a full time position for 52 weeks you are good.
Dear Zimba88,
Moneysoft can produce a payslip for monthly salary with hours worked and hourly rate, the salary is same for the 12 months if the payment is monthly, and the hourly rate is same as well, so the number of hours worked will be same in all payslips, for example:
Salary is £1500 , hourly rate is 10 £/hr , the number of hours worked is 1500/10 =150 hours a month

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:10 pm

I am not disputing that, software is flexible for all kind of pay arrangements. However in most cases no one puts those on if they are paid monthly and not per hour

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:22 pm

zimba88 wrote:I am not disputing that, software is flexible for all kind of pay arrangements. However in most cases no one puts those on if they are paid monthly and not per hour
Dear Zimba88,
Thanks a lot,
If someone pays for fixed hours a month with fixed hours a month. what about that? he can shows hourly rate and the fixed worked hours.

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 pm

sure but not a requirement